Damon Feldman Says He’s Suing John Bolaris Over Cancelled Michael Lohan Boxing Match

bolaris-weather-savior

On Tuesday, we told you that “celebrity boxing” promoter Damon Feldman was organizing a fight featuring John Bolaris, now of WeatherSavior.com. The opponent was, Feldman claimed, as yet undetermined: He was soliciting challengers via email.

Well, Feldman says the whole thing has been cancelled and that they had settled on Michael Lohan, yes the man responsible for half of the genetic makeup of Disney star-turned-train wreck Lindsay Lohan. And Feldman is blaming Bolaris for the cancellation.

Here is an (unedited) email that Feldman sent around on Thursday night:

Hi I just want to thank you for your coverage on John Bolaris I wasted 2 weeks on putting this together, I have advanced money here to hold venue opponent and more and after picking the venue Marple sports arena for sept 20 , the charity and the Opponent was going to be Michael Lohan who we where going to announce Monday, John said was the only person he would take on and Michael agreed John has pulled out leaving me and my company hanging and in a tough situation as I have put out cash n made promises to people and now John is saying all these different stories why he won’t do it and the Backlash he received , your when he accepted and told me who he wanted to do the celebrity boxing match with. I am very pissed off here but I do want to thank you for helping with this this is very unprofessional what he did and used me for publicity and knew and now pulled out so now I will see him in court this is just disgraceful , thank you Sincerely Damon Feldman

Bolaris broke up with Feldman via text message. “He didn’t even have the balls to call me,” says Feldman. “That just shows you what kind of a guy he is. He punked out of this fight.”

“He’s been asking me to fight for a long time,” responds Bolaris. “And I finally agreed to do it for charity. But then, there was a lot of negative feedback from my friends. They said, ‘You don’t need to do this. You want to be like Octomom and Tanmom?’ But I never signed an agreement.”

Bolaris went on WMMR’s Preston & Steve show this week to discuss the prospect. “Are you friggin’ out of your mind?” they asked.

“I’m trying to rebuild my career,” says Bolaris. “I thought this would be fun. But then I realized it was just the wrong move for me.”

And we agree with that assessment.

You Can Sign Up to Punch John Bolaris In the Face If You’re Famous Enough

Great news out of the celebrity boxing front: John Bolaris is stepping back into the ring! Eighteen years after stepping into the ring for a celebrity match against Q102’s Diego Ramos, Bolaris is planning to lace up the gloves again.

The fight, if it happens, will be promoted by Damon Feldman. The former boxer — he had a 9-0 record as a middleweight in fights held mostly at the Blue Horizon — made his mark in celebrity boxing with that first Bolaris-Ramos fight. Ramos won that in a split decision, because it’s boxing and even celebrity matches have to be controversial.

Read more »

10 People Dumber Than Damon Feldman

As human beings, there are some things we should just know in 2014: The earth is round. Fire is hot. Ryan Gosling is sexy. This also applies to major news stories, particularly ones that remain the spotlight for months and months.

I mention this because earlier this week local celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman, who recently came under fire for booking George Zimmerman, revealed that he was not aware of Zimmerman’s controversial past. He said, “When I learned everything, it was so bad. I only heard the verdict.”

This is bafflingly stupid. You would have to be living on Mars, in a cave, with your fingers in your ears to have missed even the most basic facts about the Trayvon Martin murder, which permeated news coverage for months.

Alas, Feldman—though astonishingly dimwitted—is not the dumbest person to have ever made headlines. Here, 10 people who are dumber than Damon Feldman, including three local contenders.

Read more »

Shirley Temple Was a Celebrity. George Zimmerman Is Not.

george-zimmerman-dmx-fight-damon-feldman-apologizes-trayvon-martin-birthday

Following the passing of film icon Shirley Temple on Monday, a common refrain in the pieces that commemorated her life and work was that she she didn’t make an embarrassment of herself once the bright lights of the Fox studio lot no longer cared to capture her image.

It is noteworthy that someone of Temple’s stature could fade into a polished second act so seamlessly. Especially someone as iconic and profitable as she. She was Lindsay Lohan… Mary-Kate and Ashley… Miley… Britney… all rolled into one and beyond, peaking somewhere around her 16th birthday. She left celebrity behind. She served others. She lived her life. A rare feat in today’s Coming Attractions celebrity atmosphere. We should all be so fortunate.

Already, too much has been said about this “celebrity boxing match” between child killer George Zimmerman and nostalgically beloved, albeit deeply troubled rapper DMX.

Read more »

Oh Brother: George Zimmerman Fight Not Actually Canceled, Says Damon Feldman

george-zimmerman-fight-damon-feldman

UPDATE: According to British billionaire Alki David, the George Zimmerman fight will happen. Click here to read what happened at the fight press conference on Tuesday outside of Philadelphia.

ORIGINALDamon Feldman (left) had canceled the George Zimmerman vs. DMX boxing match, we had our doubts. And sure enough, on Monday morning, Feldman told us that he still hadn’t reached a final decision. “It all comes down to a meeting I have at noon today,” says Feldman, who declined to say who else would be attending that meeting. Read more »

George Zimmerman Fight Canceled [UPDATE]

UPDATE, 2/10, 11:30 a.m.: Damon Feldman says that the George Zimmerman boxing match is not canceled.

UPDATE, 8:40 p.m.: The promoter, Damon Feldman, has apparently backtracked on the cancelation. For the latest on the status of the fight, see the coverage from Phillymag.com’s Victor Fiorillo here.

ORIGINAL:

george zimmerman dmx fightTMZ reports:

George Zimmerman will not be going toe-to-toe with DMX in a celebrity boxing event … and the promoter says it’s because his conscience finally kicked in.

The promoter for the event took to Twitter Saturday afternoon to officially cancel the event … and said he finally realized there’s “more to life then money.”

The promoter adds, “Just looked at my son and daughter today wow I’m so lucky those people must be in so much pain … all you people are right.”

Zimmerman Fight to Be Livestreamed by Billionaire Alki David

UPDATE: At a press conference on February 11th, Damon Feldman announced that he is no longer involved in the George Zimmerman fight. British billionaire Alki David says that he is moving forward with the March 15th match. For a complete report from the press conference, go here.

FilmOn founder Alki David (Photo by Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP)

FilmOn founder Alki David (Photo by Paul A. Hebert/Invision/AP)

ORIGINAL:

Embattled Celebrity Boxing promoter Damon Feldman has formed a partnership with controversial British billionaire Alki David — who once offered to pay someone $1 million to streak in front of President Obama — to bring the George Zimmerman boxing match to the world. According to David, who now lives in Beverly Hills, the fight will be livestreamed on FilmOn.com and broadcast live on a British cable channel.

David says that the end-user price for the stream has not yet been fixed and that he expects there to be a variety of viewing options. “There will be an interactive option where viewers will be able to enter comments live and interact with other viewers,” he says, adding that a free option may also be available.

Read more »

« Older Posts