The PRESERVE homepage, a study in sepia, dramatic silhouettes and fonts straight outta Colonial Williamsburg.
At long last, Blake Lively’s new “lifestyle site” is here. It is called Preserve and it is one part Martha Stewart, one part Kinfolk, two parts painful earnestness, and five parts Instagram filter. Shoppist’s assistant editor Marina pointed out that the sun-kissed photo of a golden-haired Blake romantically penning the site’s “editor’s letter” looks a whole lot like this photo of Gossip Girl‘s Serena van der Woodsen studying for her SATs.
The resemblance is uncanny.
- Guys, please let this photo of Jennifer Lawrence be a lesson in self-tanner restraint. [StyleList]
- Your makeup brushes might be giving you acne. Also, when’s the last time you cleaned your tweezers? Ew. [Total Beauty]
- Wanna look like Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction? Urban Decay just launched a five-piece beauty collection to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the movie. [InStyle]
Up next: Rihanna wore what to the World Cup?
Image via Splash.
Our sister blog Ticket just alerted us to the travesty that is Bradley Cooper’s most recent red carpet look. Rarely do we make a fuss about red carpet looks over at Shoppist—I mean, everyone is just so boring these days—but for this, we had to make an exception. Bradley, sweet, sweet Bradley, where was Suki Waterhouse to give you a little sartorial direction? Or at least a clean shirt?
Click here for the scoop on this rough look.
- In WTF retail moves, a Japanese company uses the following size labels on its clothing: Twitch, Skinny, Fat and Jumbo. Yes, there are pictures of the actual tags. [Huffington Post]
- And here’s what everyone wore! RIHANNA. [WWD]
More must-know style news right here.
- The fashion world’s prom took place last night. Some knocked it out of the park (Solange, Liu Wen, Giovanna Battaglia, Arizona Muse), some were head-scratchers (Lupita‘s headband?), some were downright bad (Elizabeth Olsen in an ice-skating costume; Katie Holmes in a wench’s costume; SANDRA LEE OMG), and one desperately needed to wash her freaking hair (Chloë Sevigny). [New York Times]
But you need to see what Rihanna wore to the afterparty.
I get the weekly GOOP newsletters (I know, I know). Most times, I delete them immediately (I actually do not care about what nine-course vegan Meal of the Gods Gwynnie and Mario Batali recently ate atop a crystal palace in Dubai), but today’s email caught my eye: The Annual GOOP Closet Sale.
Beyoncé is involved!