- Ditch your grande PSL for these antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory pumpkin beauty products. Way fewer calories, too. [The Zoe Report]
- In just three days, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus owners will be able to forgo credit cards and instead use their phones for purchases. Here’s everything you need to know about Apply Pay. [Lucky]
Up next: How to deal with losing your favorite piece of jewelry.
- Picture this: you have the perfect outfit for your job interview. The only thing missing is a professional-meets-flattering lipstick. No fear! Here, five shades for every career aspiration. [The Zoe Report]
- Looking to score a vintage fur or leather jacket for the cold weather? Don’t buy without reading this handy guide to buying vintage outerwear. [Fashionista]
Up next: This new gadget helps you find your perfect foundation shade.
Makeup goes all Lichtenstein. | Screenshot via YouTube.
Confession: I find makeup tutorial videos extremely mesmerizing. On numerous occasions, I’ve fallen down a black hole watching YouTube videos of Madison, a five-year-old girl who makes the most adorable makeup videos ever. (If you ever need to cheer yourself up, watch this. Or this. Or, oh my god, THIS. Just scroll to the 7:20 mark and you will explode from all of the cuteness.)
But it’s not just tiny, precocious beauty gurus that delight me. Watching anyone transform themselves with makeup is fascinating, especially when they venture into the grotesque or fantastical. Don’t believe me? Watch these videos for your best Halloween makeup ever. (Warning: It’s a black hole and some are more than a little creepy.)
Click here for the crazy.
- These are the fugliest shoes I’ve ever seen. Prepare yourselves. This isn’t going to be pretty. [Net-A-Porter]
- Gwyneth Paltrow is maybe starting a clothing line. [Jezebel]
- Did you know that 15 years ago, a size 0 didn’t even exist? And it all started with Nicole Miller. [Glamour]
Up next: Leather manicures.
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve been DIY-ing my beauty arsenal for as long as I can remember. Finally, the beauty industry has caught up. Here’s 7 beauty products you can customize. [Lucky]
- First there was #BendGate, now we have #HairGate. Word is the new iPhone 6 is pulling people’s hair out—kinda makes us happy our next upgrade wasn’t for three months. [Business Insider]
- In case you haven’t heard: Blake Lively is pregnant. Let the baby speculation ensue! To hold you over, here are Vogue’s 15 Spring 2015 picks to build out her maternity wardrobe. [Vogue]
Be honest: how many Debbie Harry tees do you have?
- Happy Monday! Have you been noticing that very stylish people are suddenly wearing sneakers with, well, everything? Here’s how to pull it off and look fashionable, and not like an extra from Working Girl. [Refinery29]
- Moms-to-be, meet your new maternity style inspiration: Blake Lively. [People]
Up next: Galliano news and ZOMBIE NAILS!
- Well, if you’re not toting a purse, I guess your new iPhone 6 has to go somewhere. Turns out the ordinary pockets on your denim aren’t so accommodating to the phone-meets-tablet hybrid, so brands are adapting by increasing pocket size. [Style List]
- We’ve heard it a million times; the best kind of plastic surgery is discreet plastic surgery. Here’s 10 sneaky treatments that you can chalk up to “your new juice cleanse” or a fancy exercise regimen. [Refinery 29]
- Glasses can be a serious beauty nuisance. They can emphasize under-eye circles, make your eyes appear smaller, and take all of the focus away from your lips. To remedy these potential blunders (and more!), follow these seven tips. [The Zoe Report]
Why leather pants are the new moto jacket.
- Happy Monday! Did you know pillowcases can cause hair breakage? This silk pillowcase prevents it, and evenpromises to counteract aging while you sleep. [AHALife]
- This morning, luxe fashion site Net-a-Porter sold $200,000 of this Karl Lagerfeld Barbie. The Barbies are sold out, but if you desperately want one, you can get one on eBay starting at $900. [Fashionista]
Up next: Madewell’s sad story, rare fashion pics of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Amal Amuddin’s HAIR.
- The flare jean is back and your skinnies might be on the way out. The 70s-inspired look might be trickier to pull off, but the payoff is huge: legs that appear to go on for miles and a super-defined waist. Sign us up! [Lucky]
- Fashion month is almost over and, as always, there were some bizarre fashion collaborations (think: Richard Nicoll x Disney, and Barbie and, well, everyone). These are the nine that left everyone baffled. [Fashionista]
- But they weren’t all strange! Here are three beauty collaborations to keep on your radar. [The Zoe Report]
Keep reading to find out the newest ways to utilize that monogram option for your clutch.
That cupcake is not gluten-free.
Happy birthday to us!
It’s crazy to believe that Shoppist is one year old! Over the past 12 months, we’ve covered everything from store openings (you guys loved all our updates on the Rittenhouse Uniqlo progress) to store closings (sigh), to sales (so. many. sales). We took you behind crazy beauty treatments around town (see: vagina dyeing and steaming, weird salt beds) and dished out tips on where to shop for everything, and what to buy (you guys also loved these poop shoes).
Let’s take a walk down memory lane (and let’s do so in these!) and revisit the most popular posts from the last year. A hint: You guys are really, really into beard oil.
Our top 10 posts, straight ahead.