- Happy Monday! Did you know pillowcases can cause hair breakage? This silk pillowcase prevents it, and evenpromises to counteract aging while you sleep. [AHALife]
- This morning, luxe fashion site Net-a-Porter sold $200,000 of this Karl Lagerfeld Barbie. The Barbies are sold out, but if you desperately want one, you can get one on eBay starting at $900. [Fashionista]
Up next: Madewell’s sad story, rare fashion pics of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, and Amal Amuddin’s HAIR.
- The flare jean is back and your skinnies might be on the way out. The 70s-inspired look might be trickier to pull off, but the payoff is huge: legs that appear to go on for miles and a super-defined waist. Sign us up! [Lucky]
- Fashion month is almost over and, as always, there were some bizarre fashion collaborations (think: Richard Nicoll x Disney, and Barbie and, well, everyone). These are the nine that left everyone baffled. [Fashionista]
- But they weren’t all strange! Here are three beauty collaborations to keep on your radar. [The Zoe Report]
Keep reading to find out the newest ways to utilize that monogram option for your clutch.
That cupcake is not gluten-free.
Happy birthday to us!
It’s crazy to believe that Shoppist is one year old! Over the past 12 months, we’ve covered everything from store openings (you guys loved all our updates on the Rittenhouse Uniqlo progress) to store closings (sigh), to sales (so. many. sales). We took you behind crazy beauty treatments around town (see: vagina dyeing and steaming, weird salt beds) and dished out tips on where to shop for everything, and what to buy (you guys also loved these poop shoes).
Let’s take a walk down memory lane (and let’s do so in these!) and revisit the most popular posts from the last year. A hint: You guys are really, really into beard oil.
Our top 10 posts, straight ahead.
- In the market for fall boots? Here are 66, arranged in smart categories like ‘Best Return Policy,’ ‘Best Quality For Your Buck,’ and ‘Heavily Discounted Designer Picks.’ Go on. Look at them all and play the ‘Which boot am I?’ game. [Huffington Post]
- Bookworms, rejoice: There is a perfume that is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe. ( And it’s called Nevermore!) [Into The Gloss]
Up next: If you wash off all your makeup at night, you’re doing it wrong.
Rescue Spa turns 10 today! And that means a lot of celebrating, in the way the poshest of spas do: Champagne, complimentary trials and consultations, goody bags and VIP discounts.
Click here for a special discount code.
- Did you know you don’t actually need a separate highlighter and eyeshadow? These multitasking beauty products will save you time and money. [Wall Street Journal]
- Ask anyone who has worn faux eyelashes, those pretty little falsies can be extremely frustrating. Enter: The 10 Emotional Stages of Wearing False Eyelashes. [Bustle]
- Whaaat? OneClique is changing up the shoe game with mix-and-match upper and lower shoe components. The verdict is still out on how functional this really is. [Refinery29]
Keep reading for a terrifying sequined Kimye sweatshirt.
- Did you know vinegar is great for cleaning boots? That and more boot-saving tips right here. [Style List]
- Turns out fall’s beauty looks don’t need to cost you hundreds of dollars. This roundup spotlights 58 beauty products under $25 that are actually legit. [Refinery 29]
- Get your white hats on: the Scandal Collection for The Limited is here on September 23. And get this? It’s extremely chic and true to the Olivia Pope character. We’ll take camel wrap coat, please. [Jezebel]
Keep reading to see the wildest beauty looks from NYFW. You’ve been warned.
- Birkenstock fans, we have a treat for you. You can get your hands on another pair of trendy-meets-comfy kicks this spring: Dr. Scholl’s look-a-likes from the Marc Jacobs show. Enjoy! [Glamour]
- Any lady can tell you that bra shopping can be a total nightmare. Enter: True & Co., a bra company working to accommodate over 6,000 body types. [Styleite]
- Uh, did this 10 year-old just become our style icon? Mr. Cory is the 10-year-old CEO of a cookie company, and he dresses infinitely cooler than any of us did at that age. [Man Repeller]
Keep reading to find out the most fashion-forward rain boots to rock this spring.
- With dozens of perfectly polished, coiffed, and dressed models in a single runway show, we knew there had to be some backstage secrets. Here, 23 beauty hacks from industry experts to score their looks on the fly. [Lucky]
- Oh, Jimmy Kimmel, you’ve done it again. For this segment of Lie Witness News, they stood outside during NYFW and asked stylish folks about “designers” such as Chandler Bing and Antonin Scalia. Hilarity ensues. [YouTube]
Keep reading to find out which holiday collab you need to look out for.
We’re loving these easy hairstyles to try out this fall | Images via Salon Vanity
I like to think I have a pretty good eye for determining what’s attainable with my minimal hairstyling skill level (milkmaid braids, yes; faux-bobs, heck no), but no amount of hair intuition can replace step-by-step directions. Even better if these directions come from a total hair master. Enter: Edmondo Blando, owner of Salon Vanity at 1701 Walnut Street. He gave us the low-down on how to create some of his most-requested styles—and guys, they actually seem do-able, even easy. Grasshoppers, time to learn from the master.
Hairstyle how-tos ahead.