Jeff Langum is famous. Or, rather, his beard is famous, a giant cloud of reddish-brown whiskers that stretches halfway down his chest. At the 2013 World Beard & Moustache Championship in Germany, Jeff took home the title of world’s best natural full beard (you can read our interview with him about the win here). Since then, he’s maintained his beard (according to the Courier Post, the last time he shaved was 42 months ago) and even racked up another title: Guinness World Record holder for most toothpicks in a beard. Read more »
Pinterest has taken the blogging world by storm, and is also probably single-handedly keeping A.C. Moore in business, as enthusiastic DIYers desperately try to copy the things they’ve seen on various boards. But the site can be overwhelming and confusing for newcomers, so we’re making it easy to dip your toe into the phenomenon. Here, 15 of the best fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and home pinners you need to follow right now. (Oh, and while you’re at it, follow us, why don’t you?) Read more »
- Models from Australia are attempting to get the fashion industry to drop the “plus size” label for models. What’s crazy: For models, anything over a size four is considered plus-size. WTF. [Elle]
- You know what they say about April showers … they suck. Here’s a guide to make sure your rain coat is actually waterproof. [Refinery 29]
- This celeb stylist says that Coachella totally “needs to die,” and here’s why. [Cosmopolitan]
- Got one minute? Do just one of these 23 tricks and you’ll look brighter, feel better and start your day off right. [Cosmopolitan]
- Day beds instead of sofas, no more drawers, silicon furniture: The head designer of IKEA Sweden on his seven predictions for what your house will look like in 2020. [Fast Company]
- Have white sneakers? Then you need to read this, the go-to guide for cleaning white kicks. [GQ]
Truth bomb: My mother-in-law keeps QVC in business. Single-handedly. She gets deliveries from the West Chester-based retail empire on a near daily-basis. She’s on a first-name basis with the UPS guy.
I don’t ever shop at QVC. I’ve been to the main campus (yes, it’s a campus), which is beyond huge and could probably secede from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and start its own independent state. Former QVC queen Lisa Robertson would be president. Read more »
- Eva Mendes is launching a makeup brand, CIRCA, and the most expensive thing is less than the cost of a movie ticket. [Elle]
- Happy Spring! Celebrate this brutal winter’s end (well, sort of) with these spring must-haves all under $30. [Refinery 29]
- Your spring break just got a whole lot chicer. Here are 18 pairs of adorable sandals to freshen up your vacation wardrobe. [WhoWhatWear]
In theory, eyeshadow palettes are the best thing to happen to your makeup drawer. They consolidate all the colors you’ll ever need into an easy-to-carry case, and they’re often a value. But they don’t always live up to their potential, and you end up only using one or two shades religiously and then tossing the entire palette when these run out.
So we asked four local beauty gurus — both makeup and brow artists — to tell us which palettes they use. Here, the seven palettes worth buying. We promise: You’ll use every color, and your makeup bag will be all the better for it. Read more »
- Here are five face exercises you can do that will help sagging necks, droopy eyelids and deep laugh lines — no facelifts required. [Byrdie]
- Colorado politicians are showing up to work wearing IUD jewelry (accessories shaped like the intrauterine birth control method) to show support for a bill that would give funding to a program that provides low or no-cost contraceptives to women. [The Denver Post]
- Oprah is auctioning off more than 500 personal items from her Chicago condo. (This comes on the heels of her announcement that she’s closing Chicago-based Harpo Studios and moving all production to West Hollywood.) The auction will be on April 25th. [Chicago Tribune]
The plans have been brewing for a while, and it’s finally here (well, almost): Duross & Langel, one of the cornerstones of the Midtown Village retail scene, is undergoing a major expansion.
The boutique, which recently expanded into the space right next door (formerly the home of fashion star Rakia Reynolds’ PR firm Skai Blue Media), is reaching far beyond its humble-ish beginnings as a handcrafted soap shop and branching into full-on lifestyle empire status. Read more »
- Here’s why one makeup artist is against Kardashian-esque contouring makeup. (And I agree with her.) [Byrdie]
- If cryptic Instagram photos (and voracious rumors) are to be believed, Reese Witherspoon might be launching a hotel. Your move, Blake Lively. [The Cut]