Rescue Spa turns 10 today! And that means a lot of celebrating, in the way the poshest of spas do: Champagne, complimentary trials and consultations, goody bags and VIP discounts.
Click here for a special discount code.
- Did you know you don’t actually need a separate highlighter and eyeshadow? These multitasking beauty products will save you time and money. [Wall Street Journal]
- Ask anyone who has worn faux eyelashes, those pretty little falsies can be extremely frustrating. Enter: The 10 Emotional Stages of Wearing False Eyelashes. [Bustle]
- Whaaat? OneClique is changing up the shoe game with mix-and-match upper and lower shoe components. The verdict is still out on how functional this really is. [Refinery29]
Keep reading for a terrifying sequined Kimye sweatshirt.
- Did you know vinegar is great for cleaning boots? That and more boot-saving tips right here. [Style List]
- Turns out fall’s beauty looks don’t need to cost you hundreds of dollars. This roundup spotlights 58 beauty products under $25 that are actually legit. [Refinery 29]
- Get your white hats on: the Scandal Collection for The Limited is here on September 23. And get this? It’s extremely chic and true to the Olivia Pope character. We’ll take camel wrap coat, please. [Jezebel]
Keep reading to see the wildest beauty looks from NYFW. You’ve been warned.
- Birkenstock fans, we have a treat for you. You can get your hands on another pair of trendy-meets-comfy kicks this spring: Dr. Scholl’s look-a-likes from the Marc Jacobs show. Enjoy! [Glamour]
- Any lady can tell you that bra shopping can be a total nightmare. Enter: True & Co., a bra company working to accommodate over 6,000 body types. [Styleite]
- Uh, did this 10 year-old just become our style icon? Mr. Cory is the 10-year-old CEO of a cookie company, and he dresses infinitely cooler than any of us did at that age. [Man Repeller]
Keep reading to find out the most fashion-forward rain boots to rock this spring.
- With dozens of perfectly polished, coiffed, and dressed models in a single runway show, we knew there had to be some backstage secrets. Here, 23 beauty hacks from industry experts to score their looks on the fly. [Lucky]
- Oh, Jimmy Kimmel, you’ve done it again. For this segment of Lie Witness News, they stood outside during NYFW and asked stylish folks about “designers” such as Chandler Bing and Antonin Scalia. Hilarity ensues. [YouTube]
Keep reading to find out which holiday collab you need to look out for.
We’re loving these easy hairstyles to try out this fall | Images via Salon Vanity
I like to think I have a pretty good eye for determining what’s attainable with my minimal hairstyling skill level (milkmaid braids, yes; faux-bobs, heck no), but no amount of hair intuition can replace step-by-step directions. Even better if these directions come from a total hair master. Enter: Edmondo Blando, owner of Salon Vanity at 1701 Walnut Street. He gave us the low-down on how to create some of his most-requested styles—and guys, they actually seem do-able, even easy. Grasshoppers, time to learn from the master.
Hairstyle how-tos ahead.
- Tackling those fall runway trends is no easy feat. (We swear menswear vests are making a comeback!) To help you don the funkiest of trends this season, we suggest consulting this handy guide. [Refinery 29]
- Just when we thought the new Apple Watch was the biggest Apple news this week, Elie Tahari decided to give them a run for their money. The designer debuted a dress with “50 plus iPhones sewn into the mesh ‘techno-fabric.” [Bustle]
Keep reading to find out why Christian Louboutin made a $50 nail polish. (Hint: there’s science to back it up.)
Whenever something particularly jarring in the lifestyle realm is unveiled, it’s a sure bet that our email inboxes will fill up with various mentions of the story from friends and colleagues. (See: “Apparently Philly is a Hotspot for Vagina Beauty Treatments.”) This week’s news? Baby spas. In particular, massage and water therapy for babies. According to Daily Mail, about a year ago, Kristi Ison opened a baby-centric spa in her home in Houston, Texas, that allowed babies to float around in inflatable donuts and then indulge in a massage.
But the thing is, the spa is successful.
Are you surprised?
- Has everyone in fashion stopped wearing makeup? It sure looks like it. [Into The Gloss]
- The Clintons gave every guest at Oscar de la Renta’s NYFW show a stuffed elephant to remind people of the animals’ threat of extinction. Irony. [WWD]
- Please watch this Vine of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen before their presentation of The Row’s spring ’15 collection. It’s hilariously awkward. [Who What Wear]
There’s more straight ahead!
When it comes to manicures, I’ve got two settings: near-black or nude. There is no in between. No hot pinks, neon oranges, minty greens or pale grays. (This summer, a manicurist actually fought back when I handed her a near-black navy for my toes. “But it’s summer! Most people, they go orange or pink. No pink? How about this one?”)
The perfect nude polish awaits!