If you’re up-to-date on facial hair news (is that just us?), you may have heard about the much-reported phenomenon known as “peak beard.” A study released by the University of New South Wales argues that due to over-saturation, the beard trend will soon taper off. Basically, people are sick of ‘em. We found this fascinating for two reasons: 1) Can beards even be counted as a trend? and 2) If they are a trend—and consequently nearing their end—what the heck will take their place?
Orange Blossom & Grapefruit FacialBe spring-ready. Energize your skin with a nutrient-rich facial, beaming in anti-oxidents and vitamins. Grapefruit invigorates your skin with exfoliating action, while an orange blossom mask composed of essential oils, orange peel and honey perfectly balances and revitalizes your skin.
I was so in.
Happy Earth Day, Shoppists! Since we’ve not exactly of the green-thumbed variety over here, we’re celebrating Mother Earth by making smart, socially responsible shopping decisions. First up, Hand in Hand, the Philly-based company of husband-and-wife duo Courtney Apple and Bill Glaab. Together, they make the sweetest-smelling soaps (orange blossom, wildflower and fern, lavender, rose water, white tea, sea salt), bath salts and candles with an even sweeter mission.
- Want to score younger-looking skin? Swap Botox for yeast and algae. (Yes, really.) [Refinery29]
- How to successfully grow out a pixie cut without any awkward in-between stage, as illustrated by Jennifer Lawrence. [Glamour]
- This is so cool: Two Canadian designers are aiming to make prosthetic limbs fashionable. [Fashionista]
- Happy Monday, Shoppists! First things first: Did you know there’s an app that tells you exactly what the day’s weather means for your hair? Cloudy with a chance of frizz, coming right up. [Jezebel]
- Today in closet lusting: This girl has the most insane wardrobe ever. Seriously: Prepare for major envy pangs. [The Coveteur]
- Queen Elizabeth turns 88 today. Here’s a look back at her most stylish moments (including a pic of the wee royal holding a fantastic purse). And you need to see her rocking a turban. [Huffington Post]
- You can now wear your Instagram pics on your nails. Selfie manis for everyone? [Kickstarter]
- World, we have the first shoppable music video! Watch it here, then dream of what could’ve been if this technology existed when MTV still played music videos. [Fast Company]
- This will get you excited for summer: a roundup of the best-dressed people at Coachella. Unsurprisingly, they are the same people who aren’t afraid of bringing a $4,000 backpack to an outdoor music festival. [Refinery29]
- Happy Friday, Shoppists! First up, smart tricks and tips for shopping vintage like a pro. Because there’s no better line than, “Oh, this? It’s vintage.” [Teen Vogue]
- Finally, some answers from the Hillary Clinton shoe-throwing incident! It was … a black-and-orange athletic shoe. If you’re going to throw a shoe at someone, why not go all-in and make it a stiletto? Just sayin’. [New York Daily News]
- Here is Emma Stone wearing the least slutty Versace dress ever. [Go Fug Yourself]
- Let this utterly chic French girl show you how to nail the perfect beauty look (think: less Kim Kardashian, more Charlotte Gainsbourg). [Glamour]
- Both Kanye West and Pharrell are creating sneaker collections for Adidas. How much do you want to bet that Yeezus’s will involve fur and gold in some way? [InStyle]
- Bobbi Brown—of the eponymous makeup empire—is now the editor-in-chief of Yahoo’s beauty site. (Did you know Yahoo has a beauty site?) [The Cut]
- When it comes to shaving time off your a.m. routine—while still looking stylish—no one’s a better role model than a morning traffic anchor. Her tip for outfit-choosing is smart, and you should steal it. [Huffington Post]
- Curvy girls: This is your new shopping mecca. Eloquii, the Limited’s shortlived plus-size line, is back, and the story behind it is really inspiring. [Fashionista]
- Here is every look from the new Kate Moss/Topshop collection. Kate! [Never Underdressed]