At long last, Blake Lively’s new “lifestyle site” is here. It is called Preserve and it is one part Martha Stewart, one part Kinfolk, two parts painful earnestness, and five parts Instagram filter. Shoppist’s assistant editor Marina pointed out that the sun-kissed photo of a golden-haired Blake romantically penning the site’s “editor’s letter” looks a whole lot like this photo of Gossip Girl‘s Serena van der Woodsen studying for her SATs.
The resemblance is uncanny.
- It’s no secret that you can find some of the best beauty products in the aisles of a drugstore. Here are 25 of the best products — from drugstores all over the world. (Luckily, most can be found online!) [Refinery29]
- According to science, matching and color-coordinating isn’t stylish at all. [Fast Company]
- Here’s the trailer for the unapproved Yves Saint Laurent biopic. (Warning: It’s in French, without subtitles.) I cannot understand more than 10 words, but I cannot WAIT to see it. [Fashionista]
For those affected by or have loved ones affected by cancer, we have good news that comes in the form of cozy, brightly colored kimono-style robes. And it’s all possible because insanely awesome people like Brenda Jones exist.
During Jones’ own battle with cancer back in 2008, the South Jersey resident started making her own unique robes to avoid the unsightly hospital-issued gowns worn during radiation. The robes caught on, and suddenly everyone wanted their own, to which Jones happily obliged. It was her “Vera Wang moment,” she says.
Sometimes it can be tricky to gauge the extent of a sale, particularly a sale announced via email blast. Is it a store full of markdowns? Just a rack? Maybe a bin? Are there coupons and a secret handshake involved? You only really know what’s in store until you’re, well, in the store. So I did some recon at Erdon on Friday afternoon. Let’s put it this way: There’s an entire room dedicated to discounted designer merch.
It’s rare that Philly is gifted with brick-and-mortar access to limited-time designer collaborations. It usually warrants some super-quick online ordering come release day, or worse, begging an NYC boutique to mail ‘em to you. So if the announcement of the 3.1 Phillip Lim x Linda Farrow collaboration had you booking Greyhound tickets, don’t fret! You can buy the sunglasses right here in Philly. Joan Shepp for the win!
- Happy Monday, Shoppists. Let’s ease into the week with this roundup of the 26 best moments in aviator history. Yep, ’90s Posh and Becks make the cut. [Style.com]
- When no one was paying much attention, Coach went and got cool. (Sad news: They fired a ton of people to get there.) [Into The Gloss]
- A Beyoncé fashion exhibit is coming to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum tomorrow. [Rolling Stone]