Your emergency blemish cover-up plan. | Shutterstock.
- Consider these the five commandments of concealing a zit: primer, foundation, concealer, powder … and a spoon. [Byrdie]
- These 10 brilliantly simple shower hacks will fight rust stains on your shaving cream bottle (ugh), keep your products organized and clear off your cluttered bathtub ledge. [Cosmopolitan]
- A peek inside Brooklyn-based Bindle & Keep, a company that crafts gorgeous bespoke (and androgynous) suits for the LGBTQ community. [Styleite]
Next: Is Victoria’s Secret going the way of Abercrombie?
How to look and feel fresher in 60 seconds (fab sunnies help). | Shutterstock.
- Got one minute? Do just one of these 23 tricks and you’ll look brighter, feel better and start your day off right. [Cosmopolitan]
- Day beds instead of sofas, no more drawers, silicon furniture: The head designer of IKEA Sweden on his seven predictions for what your house will look like in 2020. [Fast Company]
- Have white sneakers? Then you need to read this, the go-to guide for cleaning white kicks. [GQ]
Next: What your luggage says about you.
Yoga … for your face? | Shutterstock.
- Here are five face exercises you can do that will help sagging necks, droopy eyelids and deep laugh lines — no facelifts required. [Byrdie]
- Colorado politicians are showing up to work wearing IUD jewelry (accessories shaped like the intrauterine birth control method) to show support for a bill that would give funding to a program that provides low or no-cost contraceptives to women. [The Denver Post]
- Oprah is auctioning off more than 500 personal items from her Chicago condo. (This comes on the heels of her announcement that she’s closing Chicago-based Harpo Studios and moving all production to West Hollywood.) The auction will be on April 25th. [Chicago Tribune]
Next: Skinny jeans are finally, officially over.
(Left) A rendering of the layout of the new space; (right) a peek at the salon’s progress.
The plans have been brewing for a while, and it’s finally here (well, almost): Duross & Langel, one of the cornerstones of the Midtown Village retail scene, is undergoing a major expansion.
The boutique, which recently expanded into the space right next door (formerly the home of fashion star Rakia Reynolds’ PR firm Skai Blue Media), is reaching far beyond its humble-ish beginnings as a handcrafted soap shop and branching into full-on lifestyle empire status. Read more »
Images via Pinterest.
- Here’s why one makeup artist is against Kardashian-esque contouring makeup. (And I agree with her.) [Byrdie]
- If cryptic Instagram photos (and voracious rumors) are to be believed, Reese Witherspoon might be launching a hotel. Your move, Blake Lively. [The Cut]
Next: Melissa McCarthy’s new clothing line and Birkenstock … mattresses?
Image via Shutterstock
- Hairstylist to the stars Teddi Cranford weighs in on the top 10 hair tools you need to keep in your primping arsenal. [Vogue]
- People are getting breast milk facials. That is all. [Styleite]
- We’re calling it: Fall 2015 will be the season of accessories (think: berets and brooches). [Fashionista]
Up next: What Brooke Shields’ Calvin Klein ad can teach us about denim inseams.
Tricks of the trade. | Shutterstock.
- Thinning eyebrows, lip lines, sun damage. Camouflage the telltale signs of aging with these expert makeup tricks for women over 40. [Prevention]
- The latest actor to catch the designer bug? Mark Wahlberg. The Ted actor is creating a limited-edition line of apparel with Indian Motorcycle. [WWD]
- Hallmark just revived a series of old greeting cards — some dating back to the 1920s — and turned them into adorable e-cards. We’ve already sent one to everyone in our contact list. [Hallmark]
Next: Your 9-to-5 office job is really bad for your skin.
Image via Shutterstock
We just got word of an amazing beauty freebie to scoop up in Philly this month, and we’re here to give you the details.
Deneen Marcel Lashes – a lash extension salon located at 525 South 4th Street – has just opened their very own Brow Bar where clients go to tame those unruly eyebrows.
The Deal: Now through March 30th, new clients can receive a complimentary brow shaping at the brand-new Brow Bar. All you have to do to score this amazing deal is call ahead to make an appointment. What’s not to like? This saves you $25 and you walk away with great brows. Details here.
Image via Shutterstock
As the old proverb goes: “Brunch is good, but champagne, dim sum, blow-outs and facials are better.” Just kidding, that’s my proverb, but it doesn’t make it any less true. Tomorrow February 14, stop by Old City’s Moko for Valentine’s Day beauty packages, a champagne elixir and rose facial and all-around girly fun. The best part? If you wear your pajamas, you’ll receive 10 percent off your services that day. That’s right, it’s totally appropriate—nay, encouraged—to wear cozy loungewear and get pampered tomorrow. Who needs dinner and a movie? Read more »
We’ve all been there: sitting in the salon chair with a brand-new cut and color you hate, wondering — after the hours and money you’ve spent on it — how to fix the situation while sparing the stylist’s feelings and hard work. Awkward.
According to a Byrdie article on salon etiquette, there are a few things you can do: Speak up, go back later, go somewhere else, or try your own hand at a solution. All viable options, sure, but we wanted to see what Philly experts had to say, so we went straight to the source.
Learn how to say your new do is really a don’t.