As shopping editors, there’s nothing more satisfying than to see our inboxes pile up with sale announcements. And sometimes when sales are super-abundant and super-special—a la mid-July—we compile ‘em into a handy comprehensive guide. Here are our picks for the five must-shop sales happening in Philly this week, including tips on what to know before you go. Better start marking your calendars; the sales start today!
- BoConcept: Right now, you’ll get 15 percent off all sofas in selected fabrics and leather, up to 50 percent off floor models, and 25 percent off wall systems. Go here for slick, modern furniture that nods to IKEA’s cool aesthetic, but packs a bit more of a sophisticated adult punch. 1719 Chestnut Street, Rittenhouse.
- Duross and Langel: Tomorrow (July 15th) marks the annual (indoor!) sidewalk sale at this bath and body boutique. Head there for 50 to 75 percent off seasonal products including double butter moisturizers, spring/summer soaps, shower gels, discontinued hand soaps, bubble baths, candles and fragrances. Warning: Doors open at 11am and we’re told goods usually sell out by 2pm. 117 South 13th Street.
- Nicole Miller: The semi-annual sale at NM’s two Philly shops kicks off tomorrow, July 15th. Score 50 to 75 percent off select styles through the 31st. (But try on before buying! All sales are final.) The Bellevue, 200 South Broad Street, Center City; 4249 Main Street, Manayunk.
- Paula Hian: After almost being thwarted by a nasty power outage, the local designer’s much-anticipated sample sale finally starts tomorrow, July 15th, and continues through July 30th. What you’ll find: Hian’s sophisticated, modern dresses (worn by celebs like Jennifer Aniston and Carrie Underwood) and separates at 70 percent off retail prices. 106 Gay Street, 2nd floor, Manayunk.
- Posh: Shop the Malvern boutique for 50 to 75 percent off spring and summer sale merch. Tip: Head there Thursday, July 17th, for further markdowns, champagne, and extended shopping hours (’til 8pm). 103 East King Street, Malvern.