Help This Philly Designer Produce Her Amazing Jewelry Collection
We at Shoppist adore helping out local designers. (Hello, it’s the driving force behind the entire Philly Mag Fashion Project.) So when we got word about Geography 541, a local jewelry brand helmed by Madeline Tolle, we had to check out her work. And it’s fantastic.
The designs include a combination of hand-cut metals woven with threads and fibers. Each collection is inspired by a destination—this one was the California bay area—and totally gives off a wanderlust vibe. But for the designs to start gaining traction and to produce a second collection, Geography 541 has started a Kickstarter campaign to raise $4,000. Tolle writes that the funds will go toward:
- Designing a new 30 piece collection for SS15
- Producing samples for new collection ($800)
- Presenting SS15 collection at Capsule ($2000)
- Transportation and logistics for exhibiting at Capsule ($1000)
- Kickstarter/Amazon Acct fee (5% or $200)
As of publishing, she had raised $2,895 (so close!) and the campaign will be running through July 3. So get donating and maybe snag a custom bauble for yourself along the way. Who knows? Maybe a Philly-inspired collection is in sight.