We at Shoppist adore helping out local designers. (Hello, it’s the driving force behind the entire Philly Mag Fashion Project.) So when we got word about Geography 541, a local jewelry brand helmed by Madeline Tolle, we had to check out her work. And it’s fantastic.
The designs include a combination of hand-cut metals woven with threads and fibers. Each collection is inspired by a destination—this one was the California bay area—and totally gives off a wanderlust vibe. But for the designs to start gaining traction and to produce a second collection, Geography 541 has started a Kickstarter campaign to raise $4,000. Tolle writes that the funds will go toward:
- Designing a new 30 piece collection for SS15
- Producing samples for new collection ($800)
- Presenting SS15 collection at Capsule ($2000)
- Transportation and logistics for exhibiting at Capsule ($1000)
- Kickstarter/Amazon Acct fee (5% or $200)
As of publishing, she had raised $2,895 (so close!) and the campaign will be running through July 3. So get donating and maybe snag a custom bauble for yourself along the way. Who knows? Maybe a Philly-inspired collection is in sight.