If anyone knows the power of a smart jacket, it’s Walé Oyéjidé, who has worn his fair share while working as an attorney. Outside the courtroom he pursues his Philly-based menswear line, Ikiré Jones, which turns out sharply tailored versions with splashes of West African prints, a nod to his Nigerian heritage. The standout of his spring/summer collection: this unstructured double-breasted linen jacket, with wide peak lapels and a bright wax-canvas interior — also seen on the underside of the collar. It’s proof that you can’t judge a book by its cover. Or, just maybe, that you should always judge a jacket by its lining. $750 at Ikirejones.com.
- Shoppist: Buy Right Now: Hand-Painted Limited-Edition Tees At Joan Shepp
- Shoppist: Monday Obsession: Stellapop Sweaters
- Shoppist: Lobo Mau Trunk Show At Knit Wit Tomorrow
- Shoppist: Shoppist After Hours At NINObrand Tomorrow
- Shoppist: One To Watch: Weregild Jewelry
- Shoppist: 6 Best Finds At The (Surprisingly Awesome) New Timberland Store
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.