If anyone knows the power of a smart jacket, it’s Walé Oyéjidé, who has worn his fair share while working as an attorney. Outside the courtroom he pursues his Philly-based menswear line, Ikiré Jones, which turns out sharply tailored versions with splashes of West African prints, a nod to his Nigerian heritage. The standout of his spring/summer collection: this unstructured double-breasted linen jacket, with wide peak lapels and a bright wax-canvas interior — also seen on the underside of the collar. It’s proof that you can’t judge a book by its cover. Or, just maybe, that you should always judge a jacket by its lining. $750 at Ikirejones.com.
- Shoppist: Sale Alert: Stock Up On Toggery’s Luxe Basics Now
- Shoppist: Chris Bosh Designs a Line of Ties with Philly Design Duo
- Shoppist: Philly Mag Fashion Project: Vote Now!
- Shoppist: Facekinis! Jorts! Flower Beards! Crop Tops!
- Shoppist: These Philly Artisans Make the Cutest Bowties We’ve Ever Seen
- Shoppist: NINObrand Is Having a Secret Sample Sale This Week
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.