I’d argue that the happiest Happy Hours are those that take place at fab boutiques. Drinking wine among Alexander Wang, Elizabeth & James, Paul Smith and Phillip Lim is way better than imbibing at your corner bar. So mark your calendars: Head over to Knit Wit‘s Chestnut Street shop tomorrow evening from 6pm to 9pm for a fashion event that includes cocktails, wine and, naturally, clothes. The star of the evening is Of Mercer, an online clothing line founded by Wharton grads focusing on workwear that’s actually, cough, stylish. (Somehow office-appropriate clothes have become something akin to the bridesmaid dress: It works for a certain purpose, but you never actually want to wear it.) But Of Mercer’s impeccable cuts and J. Crew-esque styling proves that you can be an office hotshot and still rock serious style. Check out the line tomorrow, and mingle with local bloggers—including me!—and more of Philly’s style set. Or just go, snag a glass of wine and buy this. Voila! Happy Hour for the win.
- Shoppist: Celebrate Summer at Free People Tomorrow Night
- Shoppist: 6 Questions For: Art in the Age’s Bob Myaing
- Shoppist: Monday Obsession: Adorn By Sarah Lewis Statement Rings
- Shoppist: Local Designers: How to Sell Your Goods at Joan Shepp
- Shoppist: Your Giant Weekend Sale Shopping Guide
- Shoppist: Where to Shop This Week: Erdon’s Sale Room
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.