I’d argue that the happiest Happy Hours are those that take place at fab boutiques. Drinking wine among Alexander Wang, Elizabeth & James, Paul Smith and Phillip Lim is way better than imbibing at your corner bar. So mark your calendars: Head over to Knit Wit‘s Chestnut Street shop tomorrow evening from 6pm to 9pm for a fashion event that includes cocktails, wine and, naturally, clothes. The star of the evening is Of Mercer, an online clothing line founded by Wharton grads focusing on workwear that’s actually, cough, stylish. (Somehow office-appropriate clothes have become something akin to the bridesmaid dress: It works for a certain purpose, but you never actually want to wear it.) But Of Mercer’s impeccable cuts and J. Crew-esque styling proves that you can be an office hotshot and still rock serious style. Check out the line tomorrow, and mingle with local bloggers—including me!—and more of Philly’s style set. Or just go, snag a glass of wine and buy this. Voila! Happy Hour for the win.
- Shoppist: Shop at These Rittenhouse Stores and Get a Free Shake Shack Treat
- Shoppist: The Shoppist Gift List, Day 16: A Custom Jacket
- Shoppist: The Geisha House’s Holiday Lookbook Is Absolutely Stunning
- Shoppist: Punk Rock Flea Market Is Back This Saturday
- Shoppist: John Wind Studio Sale Starts Today
- Shoppist: Talk Football and Shopping With Brent Celek At Joan Shepp
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.