As I walked around the city on Saturday, I witnessed a lot of bad fashion. (Thanks, Erin Express.) Bad green t-shirts. Bad green knee socks. Bad green shamrock headbands. Bad green makeup. It’s safe to say that it’s easy to do green very, very wrong on St. Patty’s Day. I get it: You don’t want to wear satin Marc by Marc Jacobs kicks when you’ll most likely be standing in puddles of beer (and puke). But you also don’t want to wear any of this. Here’s how to the holiday right. (First, though, start by avoiding the Erin Express.) Otswald Helgason dress, $990 at Browns Fashion; Natasha Couture iPhone 5 case, $48 at Nordstrom; Marc by Marc Jacobs satin Mylo sneakers, $215 at Stylebop; Holly Ryan ring, $265 at The Grand Social.
- Shoppist: Frey Boutique Opening In Newtown Square
- Shoppist: Shipley Shops, the Main Line’s Prime Shopping Event, Kicks Off Today
- Shoppist: The Edit: 14 Fall-Ready Sweaters Under $150
- Shoppist: The Edit: 8 Best Fall Hats (That Aren’t Beanies)
- News: Philadelphians Ignore Stabbing in Pathmark Aisle, Keep Shopping
- Shoppist: Three Potato Four Needs Our Help!
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.