As I walked around the city on Saturday, I witnessed a lot of bad fashion. (Thanks, Erin Express.) Bad green t-shirts. Bad green knee socks. Bad green shamrock headbands. Bad green makeup. It’s safe to say that it’s easy to do green very, very wrong on St. Patty’s Day. I get it: You don’t want to wear satin Marc by Marc Jacobs kicks when you’ll most likely be standing in puddles of beer (and puke). But you also don’t want to wear any of this. Here’s how to the holiday right. (First, though, start by avoiding the Erin Express.) Otswald Helgason dress, $990 at Browns Fashion; Natasha Couture iPhone 5 case, $48 at Nordstrom; Marc by Marc Jacobs satin Mylo sneakers, $215 at Stylebop; Holly Ryan ring, $265 at The Grand Social.
- Shoppist: The Edit: 11 Pairs of Double-Sided Earrings
- Shoppist: Please Wrap All Your Presents In This Glorious Paper From Paper Source
- Shoppist: Banana Republic Factory Store Set To Open Tomorrow
- Shoppist: Noooo, Snooki Just Opened an Etsy Store
- Shoppist: The Shoppist Gift List, Day Six: Terrain’s Plaid Blanket Scarf
- Shoppist: 8 Statement Earrings That Will Instantly Make Any Outfit Better
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.