It’s always fun to see national press discover the homegrown gems we’ve loved all along. Sometimes they get it right (Allure recently called out Fishtown salon Parlour for their awesome cuts—maybe they checked out our Best of Philly list first?) and other times, they miss the mark (see: Vogue‘s nonsensical map of the city). Happily, Footwear Plus, a business-to-business fashion publication for the footwear industry, got it totally right. They awarded Queen Village boutique Bus Stop the prestigious ‘Excellence in Retail/Best Boutique in the Country’ award, a well-deserved accolade (think of it as the Olympics of the footwear industry). Congrats to owner Elena Brennan and the Bus Stop team! Now, Shoppists, I recommend you head over to Fabric Row and see for yourself why they won. (In a nutshell: a quirky-cool selection of shoes, and stellar accessories that you won’t find anywhere else.)
- Shoppist: Your Giant Weekend Sale Shopping Guide
- Shoppist: Temporary Tattoos Are Officially the Coolest New Accessories
- Shoppist: 10 Beyond-Amazing Statement Sandals
- Shoppist: Where to Shop This Week: Erdon’s Sale Room
- Shoppist: Monday Obsession: 3.1 Phillip Lim x Linda Farrow Sunglasses
- Shoppist: The Edit: 9 Ways to Wear Embroidery This Summer
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.