Today Joan Shepp finally rolled out its new website and it is, in a word, amazing. Gone are the hard-to-discern flat shots of clothes on a white background. Now, pieces by the likes of Jil Sander, Issey Miyake, Elizabeth & James and Comme des Garçons shine on models—the fluid lines of an Issey Miyake cloak caught in motion is a standout. The selection available online is still small—”curated,” in boutique speak—but endlessly shoppable, and inspiring. Perhaps the most hauntingly beautiful piece of the site, though, is the compilation of stark black and white shots of Shepp’s new space, still under construction (it’s slated to open this spring). There’s a picture of Joan herself, silhouetted as she stares out the back window of the building at 1811 Chestnut Street, one of the grand dames of Philadelphia fashion looking into the future—which, now, looks pretty bright.
- Shoppist: UPDATE: Century 21 to Come to Market East in October
- Shoppist: Shop Hand in Hand’s Earth Day Sale Now
- Shoppist: The Spring Outfit That Takes You From Work to Cocktails
- Shoppist: The Secret Pop-Up Sale You Need To Shop Tonight
- Shoppist: Make Skeem Soaps Your Spring Hostess Gift
- Shoppist: Is the Philadelphia Airport the New Mall?