Today Joan Shepp finally rolled out its new website and it is, in a word, amazing. Gone are the hard-to-discern flat shots of clothes on a white background. Now, pieces by the likes of Jil Sander, Issey Miyake, Elizabeth & James and Comme des Garçons shine on models—the fluid lines of an Issey Miyake cloak caught in motion is a standout. The selection available online is still small—”curated,” in boutique speak—but endlessly shoppable, and inspiring. Perhaps the most hauntingly beautiful piece of the site, though, is the compilation of stark black and white shots of Shepp’s new space, still under construction (it’s slated to open this spring). There’s a picture of Joan herself, silhouetted as she stares out the back window of the building at 1811 Chestnut Street, one of the grand dames of Philadelphia fashion looking into the future—which, now, looks pretty bright.
- Shoppist: Your Guide to Shopping On eBay
- Shoppist: The Labor Day Sales You Need To Shop: Part 1
- Shoppist: Erdon’s Fall Lookbook Is Absolutely Amazing
- Shoppist: Joan Shepp’s Opening Party
- Shoppist: Best of Philly Shopping and Beauty Picks: See ‘Em All Here!
- Shoppist: Monday Obsession: Philly EyeWorks’ Colorful Frames
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.