Winter weather (we’re looking at you, Hercules) has a way of wreaking havoc on public transportation, sucking the moisture from our skin, and—perhaps the worst of ‘em all—totally annihilating our leather boots. Hey, we get it: Road salt helps subdue icy conditions, and our cars (and non-twisted ankles) are thankful. Unfortunately, it also leaves nasty white marks all over our shoes. Free People to the rescue! Just follow their super-helpful picture tutorial to eliminate stains at from your favorite boots. All you need is some cold water and white wine vinegar. Combine the two, dip a towel into the mixture and wipe your boots gently until the marks fade. Let air-dry and ta-dah! Your leather boots have been restored to their pre-snow-ravaged glory. You’re welcome.
- Shoppist: 10 Beyond-Amazing Statement Sandals
- Shoppist: You Loved It: Our Photo Director’s Poop Emoji Shoes
- Shoppist: The Swimsuit Fashion Hack to Try Now
- Shoppist: 5 Easy, Gorgeous Hairstyles to Wear This Summer
- Shoppist: Free People Schools Us With Their Piercing Guide
- Shoppist: The 9 Most Comfortable Sandals Out There
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.