Winter weather (we’re looking at you, Hercules) has a way of wreaking havoc on public transportation, sucking the moisture from our skin, and—perhaps the worst of ‘em all—totally annihilating our leather boots. Hey, we get it: Road salt helps subdue icy conditions, and our cars (and non-twisted ankles) are thankful. Unfortunately, it also leaves nasty white marks all over our shoes. Free People to the rescue! Just follow their super-helpful picture tutorial to eliminate stains at from your favorite boots. All you need is some cold water and white wine vinegar. Combine the two, dip a towel into the mixture and wipe your boots gently until the marks fade. Let air-dry and ta-dah! Your leather boots have been restored to their pre-snow-ravaged glory. You’re welcome.
- News: WATCH: Animation of 2014′s Winter Storms
- Shoppist: Philly’s Most Underrated Shoe Store: Head Start Shoes
- Shoppist: 5 Tricks for Styling Short Hair
- News: Cheer Up: Maybe Next Winter Won’t Be Awful
- Shoppist: How to Get Rid of Hanger Bumps
- Shoppist: Organize Your LIfe: 7 Ways to Store Your Accessories