- Pollyodd, South Philly: Limoncello and other flavored aperitifs.
- Philadelphia Distilling, Northeast Philly: Vodka, gin, whiskey, absinthe.
- New Liberty Distillery, Kensington: Bourbon, rye, whiskey.
- Hewn Spirits, Pipersville: Rum, whiskey.
- Jersey Artisan Distilling, Fairfield: Rum.
- La Colombe Distillery, Fishtown, Rum.
- Manatawny Still Works, Pottstown, Vodka, rum whiskey.
- Rowhouse Spirits, Kensington: Irish moonshine, gin, herabal liqueuer.
- Cooper River Distillers, Camden: Rum.
- Dock Street Spirits, West Philly: Mezcal.
Originally published in the November, 2014 issue of Philadelphia magazine
Many of you probably don’t know this, but Pollyodd, Philly’s very own aperitif/digestif line, hosts a tasting every Saturday from 5-7 PM. It’s free and delicious, and it’s perfect for a pre-dinner activity.
This Saturday, though, make your mother mad with some dessert before dinner. Owner Joan Verratti will be pairing up with Mother’s Gourmet Pastries & Ice Cream for some ‘cello flavored ice creams. Think Banana-Strawberry, made with her Bananacello cream and chunks of real strawberries, Choco-Cherry which is made with her Chocolatecello and chunks of real cherries, White Chocolate-Orange made with her Orangecello cream and chunks of real white chocolate, and Mango-White Peach made with her Mangocello and chunks of real white peaches.
1908 E. Passyunk, folks. This Saturday. Be there, or be square.
Twenty-five restaurants are participating in East Passyunk’s Flavors of the Avenue. In what will be the largest Flavors event yet, this year’s outdoor food and drink festival will take place Saturday, April 27, 2013 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., under a tent on East Passyunk at Morris and Dickinson Streets.
The event will mark the Flavors of the Avenue debuts of Noord, Sophia’s, Will BYOB and Pollyodd. Tickets go on sale today and are $5 off when purchased before Monday, April 8th.
Outside the Flavors of the Avenue tent, guests will enjoy a free street festival with vendors, a craft market and live music.
VIP tickets are $50 per person and include early access and special perks including fee valet parking. General admission tickets are $30 and are on sale now at www.visiteastpassyunk.com/flavors.htm or by calling (215) 336-1455.
Read more »