- Neighborhood: South Street
- 718 South Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Phone: 267-909-8814
- Website | Facebook | Twitter
- Cuisine: German
- Price: $$
- Accepts Credit Cards: Yes
Italian, British, French? Cinch. Even Dutch, Spanish and Belgian food is pretty easy to find close to the heart of Philly’s most tony neighborhoods. But for a long time, this city has also been home to a thriving community that brought all its borscht and sausages along from the Old Countries. So if you’re looking for a hit of post-Glasnost melting-pot Euro cuisine ignored by the likes of Vetri, Garces and Starr, here are some good places to start.
Read more »
Of course you do. Because while even a normal ticket to this Saturday’s huge party being thrown by the Brauhaus crew is awesome, a VIP ticket is truly something special. And since they’ve been sold out since mid-August, there’s no way to get your hands on a pair except to play our little game.
Why is it worth it, you ask? Because here’s what a VIP ticket gets you:
· Exclusive Access- VIP Pass in and Out of the VIP Brauer Bund with Special VIP Draft List
· Full wait staff and bar staff, with 5 PRIVATE bathrooms (no waiting in line for porta-potties)
· Complimentary Bavarian Buffet Courtesy of Chef Jeremy Nolen (Served 1-6PM)
· 6 Tickets Good for Beer from the VIP list or outside stands
· Official Brauhaus Schmitz Oktoberfest T-shirt
· 1 Liter Glass Beer Stein filled with Oktoberfest survival supplies
So yes. VIP tickets? A very cool thing to have. And as we did last year, we're deciding on who gets this last remaining pair by way of a poetry contest. Or, more accurately, a sonnet contest. And only the very best one will win.
Of course, there are a few rules...
This Saturday, July 19th, the 3rd Annual Dog Days of Summer Cook-Off is back and bigger than ever. Last year’s event featured 11 restaurants and food trucks, and this year’s will feature 20. The judges’ decision will be much more difficult and as a visitor, your stomach will be much more full.
Starting at 1 p.m., guests are welcome to sample the hot dogs, enjoy craft beer from Victory Brewing Company, jam out to live music and even vote for their favorite dog of the day. General admission is free, but food/drinks tickets cost $10 for 4 and $30 for 15. Or, if you’re looking for that VIP treatment, spend $30 and get early access at noon, a VIP gift, and 20 food/drink tickets. Proceeds will go to the preservation of the Headhouse Square Shambles. To purchase tickets, click here.