The new Diamond Cutz TU at 10th and Diamond wants to make it clear that it’s “not another urban barbershop.” Hmm. Classy.
Injured construction worker being removed from Temple construction site. Photo: Gerry Senker
• Floor collapses in Temple University building under construction [update from yesterday] [6ABC]
• Firehouse to be torn down, but then what? [Daily News]
• The Oval: A Big Step In Moving Towards Parkway 2.0 [philebrity]
• Residential conversion likely for Antiquarian’s Delight, former synagogue [PlanPhilly]
• Main Line real estate couple set court date in harassment case [Main Line Times]
Photo: Gerry Senker
Emergency vehicles are at the scene at 12th and Berks, where part of a building under construction, the Science Education Research Center, has fallen in. An injured construction worker has been lowered onto a stretcher and is being taken for treatment. Below, Temple’s most recent tweet: TU Advisory: TU Police reporting incident on construction site [...]
Rendering of Drexel's new URBN Center via philebrity
Here it is, your afternoon neighborhood news fix. · UCity: Drexel’s New URBN Center Has Stairways That Lead To Stairways [philebrity] · Center City: Historic Walnut Street Home Undergoing Renovations [Naked Philly] · Everywhere: 13 weird street names in and around Philadelphia [philly.com] · Mt. Airy: Lovett Park Revitalization Brings Collaboration [Philadelphia Neighborhoods] · East [...]
This house near Broad and Girard had listings photos that made you want to run to the house with a bag full of groceries and medical supplies to make sure the occupant would survive the night. In a city where 31 percent of families live in poverty, the home showed disturbing signs of habitation: foodstuffs in the kitchen, for instance; a jacket hanging up; toiletries, and a towel hanging on a door in the bathroom; a bedroom that, despite its misery, looks like it’s regularly used.