More Light in Villanova for $875K
This expansive, expanded Cape Cod has plenty of room for you and yours.
Usually, when you hear the term “Cape Cod home,” the image that pops into your head is one of a charming little saltbox of a house with dormer windows peeking through its peaked roof.
- A Modern Classic in Devon for $975K
- Main Line Monday: Split Personality in Bryn Mawr for $700K
- Main Line Monday: Make Your Home in Bryn Mawr for $700K
- Main Line Monday: A Nostalgia Trip in Wynnewood for $570K
- Main Line Monday: A New Masterpiece in Bryn Mawr for $1.998M
- Main Line Monday: Convenience in South Ardmore for $315K
- Main Line Monday: A Nifty ’50s Home in Penn Valley for $750K
- Main Line Monday: The Real Deal in Berwyn for $415K
- Main Line Monday: Updated Contemporary Condo in Haverford for $699K
This handsome home in Villanova has those dormers. But there the similarities to the traditional Cape Cod home end, for this home has loads of interior space, a good chunk of it located in a newer addition at the back.
The spaciousness hits you the moment you step into the foyer and look to your right and left. To the right is a large, light-filled living room with a handsome marble fireplace, while on the left, a formal dining room exudes grace. It too gets lots of natural light through its large window.
Speaking of windows, that addition at the back contains a ton of them, both in the walls and in the overhead skylights. The huge open space combines a breakfast room/sun room and family room, all with a radiant heat tile floor. A pass-through window from the up-to-date kitchen allows you to serve family and friends easily.
Behind the addition lies a large stone terrace and a level, lovingly landscaped backyard that features a koi pond with a waterfall.
There’s also a billiard room on the main floor with its own stone fireplace.
Two of this home’s five bedrooms are on the main floor. One of them has an adjoining bath. A hallway leads from the bedroom wing to a small slate patio out front. Three more bedrooms and two bathrooms are upstairs.
This home offers convenience along with plenty of space: it’s close to the Blue Route and a short drive from Villanova, St. Davids and Wayne.
THE FINE PRINT
BATHS: 4 full, 2 half
SQUARE FEET: 4,322
SALE PRICE: $875,000
725 Knox Rd., Villanova, Pa. 19085
725 Knox Rd., Villanova, Pa. 19085 [Brett Furman | RE/MAX Classic]