It’s been a busy couple of week for the Mural Arts Program. Not only have they announced a star-studded lineup of artists for their “Open Source” project that’s being billed as Philly’s biggest site-specific art exhibition ever, they are on the hunt for a fresh wall space in Bella Vista for a new installation entitled “Wellness” from staff artist James Burns, according to Passyunk Post.
If you know of a space for the new mural, the Bella Vista Neighbors Association wants to know about it as they are looking for a site “as soon as possible,” according to their website. Here’s more:
[T]he design for this mural is based on the Enso circle, which is a form of meditation. The inspiration for the design for this Wellness mural was created in part by participants in Wellness workshops at the Broad Street Ministry and other workshops held throughout the city.
You may recall that “Autumn”, a beloved mural on Bainbridge Street that was part of the Four Seasons in Philadelphia collection by artist David Guinn, was covered a few years ago by infill housing.
Mural Arts Program is looking for a Bella Vista wall [Passyunk Post]
In other news…
- Clarke has more tweaks for his plan to remake L&I [The Inquirer]
- Historical Commission approves designation for art deco garage [PlanPhilly]
- Philly may hike the cost of registering vacant properties [Newsworks]
- 8th & Filbert Transformation Series [PPA]
- Pastor Speaks Out After Strong Winds Knock Over Steeple Of Northeast Phila. Church [CBS 3]
- Contractors who swindle New Jersey may not get the chance again [Newsworks]