This Merion Station mansion is beautifully maintained and has an interesting pedigree for musical history enthusiasts: It once belonged to acclaimed concert pianist Josef Hoffman, who was the first director of the Curtis Institute of Music.
This home was also once the Buten Wedgwood Museum, which was run by a family that had amassed an incredible collection — the country’s largest — of the famous china.
Built in 1900, the home has wonderful period details. Look at the plethora of carved wood trim; the peg and groove hardwood floors; the hand-blown glass door panes adorned with musical notes; the "great hall" with paneled walls and marble fireplace; glass-fronted built-in cabinetry; the hand-smithed Samuel Yellin ironwork. And from whatever period it is: that bathroom! What a looker.
Enjoy the gallery.
THE FINE PRINT
Square feet: 9,051
246 N Bowman Ave, Merion Station, PA
TREND photos via BHHS Fox&Roach Haverford Station
• Listing: 246 N Bowman Avenue, Merion Station, PA [BHHS Fox & Roach - Haverford Station]