Election results and the legalization of gay marriage have basically taken most of the headlines today, but let’s see what we can dig up on in the worlds of real estate and design.
• Charlie was a sinner. Gets A Menu And Opens The Doors: new restaurant with enraging punctuation and syntax (though Fiona Apple would probably be into it) opens on 13th Street. [Foobooz]
• Jon Stewart Slams Philly, Cheesesteaks, Art Museum, Phanatic: He won’t have those stairs to mock for long if Frank Gehry’s plan gets realized. [Philly Mag]
• Domus scores $20.9 million PHA contract: "The Philadelphia Housing Authority hired Domus Inc. to handle a $20.9 million contract for the redevelopment of an apartment community." [Business Journal]
• Conversations of Style: UNIQLO CEO Larry Meyer Talks Philly Expansion: UNIQLO officially opened its KOP doors a few days ago in fabulous global fashion. [Shoppist]
• How Philadelphia's Neighborhoods Got Their Names: This is amazingly accurate. That never happens. [Mental Floss]