Sometimes you hear millennials are the key to the housing recovery. Other times you hear they’re ruining everything. And that’s not the only conflicting report out there. Today we have a handful of recent stories that will, we hope, clarify things — even though they may hold opposing points of view.
• Why millennials are hurting the real estate recovery [WSJ]
• Real estate market still advantageous for first-time home buyers despite seller's market [silive.com]
• Housing's Slowdown Sparks Growing Concern [Realtor Mag]
• Builders See Growth in Master Communities [Realtor Mag]
• Slow Household Formation a Concern Amid Recovery [National Real Estate Investor online; register for access]
• Mortgage Rates Push Even Further into 6-Month Lows [Mortgage News Daily]