Seems ages ago that Foobooz announced Federal Donuts was eyeing up a vacant space at 7th and Fairmount. But oh, how good things come to those who wait.
The building, which they did get, has been slowly transformed from shabby Dollar Store to gleaming new donut and chicken emporium. And judging from photos of its conversion on Naked Philly, the new location will have sizable windows to lure in pedestrians.
This new branch, referred to as Federal Donuts North on their website, will be their fourth. Other locations can be found in University City, Rittenhouse and Pennsport.
• The Architectural Evolution of the New Federal Donuts Location [Naked Philly]
Meanwhile, more news this way…
• City says it’s involved in burial ground site [Inquirer]
• Pleasure Gardens, Without Worry, In The City [Hidden City]
• SEPTA takes lead in building new Ardmore Train Station [Main Line Times]
• L&I: Story’s depiction inaccurate [Philly.com]
• Somerton group opposes gas station expansion plan [Northeast Times]
• 5 Sneaky Scams Homeowners Need to Know About Before Renovating [Redfin Blog]
• City controller slams Keystone Opportunity Zone program [Philadelphia Business Journal]
• Intech Construction Inks 33,000 SF Lease [CoStar Group]
• Get Pre-Approved for a Mortgage on Zillow [Zillow Blog]