“I love Paris. I love London. I love Rome. All amazing cities. But now I am smitten with Philadelphia,” begins a recent piece in the Vancouver Sun. Writer Steve Whysall goes on to detail each of his favorite things about our city, among of which include:
- Reading Terminal Market
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway flags
- Magic Gardens of Isaiah Zagar
- Chef Jose Garce's Amada
Note the above list is just a fraction of what Whysall talks about, including the city's history and architecture, significant dedication to art, and spirit of diversity. It's a nice reminder that Philly's good character is plainly evident to outsiders, even if it doesn't always seem that way to those who live here.
• In love with Philly [Vancouver Sun]
Meanwhile, in other news...
• Plan for Affordable Housing in Philadelphia [New York Times]
• Demolition of Boyd apparently underway [Inquirer]
• The Newest Part Of The Oldest Theater [Hidden City]
• Epic Google Street View Hack Turns Cities Into Apocalyptic Jungles [Atlantic Cities]
• BID makes its case for expansion at open house [Chestnut Hill Local]
• Philly's Most Dangerous Intersections For Pedestrians, Mapped [Curbed Philly]