A change in occupants could soon be in order for the Family Court building at 18th and Vine. Today the Mayor’s Office is expected to announce Kimpton Hotel’s conversion of the property into a luxury hotel.
According to the Inquirer’s Jennifer Lin, Kimpton was one of three contenders to convert the building that is currently being used by the Juvenile Court. Kimpton is also said to have engaged P&A Associates — developers of the Murano condos and St. James apartment house — and the Peebles Corporation in the project.
In a prior interview with Peebles’ founder, he estimated the cost could run up to $85 million and would include “199 rooms, a 3,500-square-foot ballroom, meeting and board rooms, a spa and fitness center, and a restaurant and bar.”
Meanwhile, in news elsewhere…
• 1818 Market & The Other Ones [Philly Skyline]
• Demand, younger population boosts rents for Center City stores [PhillyDeals]
• The Roots Of The Gayborhood, The Eve Of A Milestone [Hidden City]
• Inquirer Editorial: CHOP can be a good neighbor [Inquirer]
• Bad real-estate deal turns great for Rihanna [Daily News]