With another snow day hitting the city it seems fitting we point out Philly Skyline’s latest gallery. The slideshow shows striking photos of an uninhabited, snow-covered Germantown Avenue.
What’s eyecatching about the pictures might be Philly Painting’s labor of love: colorful building exteriors. One Philly Skyline reader might have said it best:
“There really something ironic and beautiful about neglected buildings that have had bright and cheerful new paint put up– modern design and color schemes put on classic architecture.”
• Clean, Pure, North Philly Color [Philly Skyline]
Meanwhile, more headlines this way...
• Demolition crew getting Daffy’s ready for its future [Philadelphia Real Estate Blog]
• PennDesign students envision resilient housing [Daily Pennsylvanian]
• North Phila. Habitat house earns LEED Gold [Inquirer]
• Pa. gaming board seeks to avoid past mistakes [Philly.com]
• Rehabbed Home on 13th Street Looks Like No Other [Naked Philly]