Morning Headlines: PREIT Buys Building at 15th and Walnut
The building on the northwest corner of 15th and Walnut once had an illustrious tenant: Louis I. Kahn, the celebrated modernist architect, had his office there. Today its tenants consist of three retail shops and a Pennsylvania lottery.
Buyer Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PREIT), which owns the Gallery, as well as many other malls, has not offered specifics about what will happen with the 14,000-square-foot property.
• PREIT buys 15th & Walnut corner [PhillyDeals]
More news this way…
• No more paper permits: City of Philadelphia is spending $4.5M to upgrade L&I [Technical.ly Philly]
• Lannett Co Acquires Two Philadelphia Industrial Bldgs for $9M [CoStar Group]
• In plan for supermarket, one man stands in the way (photo gallery) [Philadelphia Business Journal]
• Health-care center to be built in N. Phila. [Inquirer]
• YouthBuild students help restore John Coltrane House [PlanPhilly]
• O’Brien calls for tougher inspection of vacant warehouses [Daily News]