Property opened its virtual doors in March, so it hasn’t been quite one year yet. But here are the posts that were the most popular in 2013 — 12 of them because 12 is more fun than 10.
1. Rocky and Adrian’s House From ‘Rocky II’ Is For Sale
In March, the three-bedroom South Philly home that was the set for Rocky and Adrian’s first home went on the market for $139,900. The rowhome near 20th and Wolf looked pretty much the same as it did in the 1979 movie, and though it took some time, 2313 S. Lambert Street sold for around $129,000.
2. 2041 Delancey Is Pending Sale for $2.75M After 40 Years of Single Ownership
The original asking price for this beautiful home was $2.9 million. By August, a sale was pending at $2.75 million — and it still is. These things can take a while. Meantime, it’s worth looking at the home’s interior.
3. Realtors Behaving Badly: Sexcapades in Clients’ Home
The title really says it all, but if further reading is necessary, including detail about the “play pad” adventures, feel free to see the original post.
4. Thoroughly Mid-Century Modern Home With Bomb Shelter/Panic Room
This three-bedroom house had a bomb shelter that got transformed into a panic room (above). The influence of the famed Jodie Foster pic, perhaps? Or just historical evolution? Either way, the house sold. See the gallery here.
5. Chase Utley’s Penthouse at the Ayer Is on the Market for $4.3M
The Phillies player’s glam unit is still on the market for $4.3 million, and a slew of amenities and special features. Celebrity appliance names include: Crestron, Bulthaup, Miele, Sub-Zero, Blue de Savoie, Fisher-Paykel and more.
6. 10 Hottest Philadelphia Neighborhoods for Home Sales
The results for June 2013 were divided by zip code, which meant two things: 1. There were surprises. 2. Some neighborhoods really, really benefitted by being in a zip code with another neighborhood. Plus, there was a major caveat.
It was one of those NYC-to-Philly imports that just didn’t work. Was it the high price points? The Piazza as the location? The name? Everyone had a theory.
8. Trulia’s Top 10 Philly Neighborhoods of 2013
It’s another top 10. We all love them, as Trulia knows. According to the real estate website, homebuyers are looking first at at Bella Vista, Fairmount (pictured here in a photo by Jeff Fusco) and Manayunk.
9. This Is Where Jeff Lurie’s New Bride Will Live
People were just plotzing when Eagles owner Jeff Lurie married Tina Lai. We featured some info about Inwood, the 13-acre Wynnewood property that Lurie bought for $14 million in 2007.
10. This Is the Most Expensive House in Ardmore
Guess how much?
11. Newly Listed: The Most Remarkable South Philly Interior We Have Ever Seen
The gallery really says it all.
12. No One Puts the Northeast in the Corner!
Angelly Carrion’s paean to Northeast Philadelphia. Who knew so many people would feel the same way?