We have a lot of headlines this morning, so let’s get to it. First of all, to clarify: 38Chestnut will indeed have a space (that being 38th and Chestnut) but its name does not have a space. Think of it as an Apple-minted building and you’ll be all right.
• Foobooz reports that Mario Batali is bringing his food haven, Eataly, to Philly next year and that it may be the old Strawbridge and Clothiers.
• Philly.com shares the ironically-titled Philly is Ugly, a time-lapse video that brings out the city’s beauty
• Philadelphia Business Journal’s Natalie Kostelni reports on KBS Realty Advisor’s $61 million offer for a King of Prussia office building
• Home sales and median sale prices in Philadelphia and surrounding counties have risen, according to Bucks Local News
• Don’t forget tonight’s Central Northeast District Plan meeting at Northeast High School. More info at Philadelphia 2035
• 38Chestnut, the $110 million project, is finally underway, says Natalie Kostelni. The official groundbreaking will be this Thursday.
• Tacony the new Badlands? Philadelinquency sheds some light on the effect of slumlord properties in the neighborhood
• CampusPhilly’s Deborah Diamond reiterates what we already know about the city’s appeal to a younger crowd and promotes CampusPhilly on Philly.com
• PlanPhilly reports on the Allison Building project and parklet planned for Ridge Avenue. Restaurant owners, they’re looking for a tenant.