Now that it has finally stopped raining and the temperatures are warming up, it’s time to make use of that patio out back. And while you may think you missed the window to upgrade your patio style, relax: Now is as good a time as any to give your outdoor space a facelift, from small fixes to dramatic overhauls.
1. Furniture: If your furniture has waged a war with nature over the years, and lost, it’s time to consider purchasing a new set. Consider how you’ve used your pieces over the years, and skip over anything that’s more form over function and opt for comfortable, lovely set such as the one at 6910 Wissahickon Avenue in Philadelphia.
2. Add color: Breathe new life into your backyard with pops of color on your patio. This simple touch-up can be done with new pillows or cushions, an outdoor rug, string lights and candle holders, or brightly colored furniture like the ones at 222 Grubbs Mill Rd. in Berwyn.
3. Add warmth: If you plan to make use of your patio into the fall, consider adding a fire pit, similar to the one at 56 Cradle Rock Rd. in Princeton so you and your guests can continue relaxing when the weather cools down.
4. Celebrate nature: Incorporate nature into your patio design by arranging furniture so you can best see fall foliage, spring blooms, sunsets and water views, like at 3052 River Road in New Hope.
5. Add some drama: If you’re interested in a major reconstruction, consider redoing your patio surface, building an outdoor chimney or creating an outdoor kitchen, as with this home at 2209 Denbeigh Dr. in Jamison. With your new space, you might just become the most popular house on the block.