When researchers on behalf of Brooke, an international animal welfare organization based in the UK, asked 2,000 women about their feelings towards the husbands/boyfriends they co-habitate with versus the animals they co-habitate with, these were some of the amazing findings:
- One in ten women declared that they loved their pet more than their partner.
- Nearly a third of women said they loved their pet and their husband/boyfriend exactly the same amount.
- 14 percent of the woman admitted that they were mulling over the idea of getting their pet’s name tattooed on their person.
When analyzing their findings, the researchers had these amazing things to say:
- “Even the most perfect relationships have off-days so you can understand how women might love their pets just that little bit more after a disagreement with their partner.”
- “Perhaps a frustration for women is also that they expect less of their pets but are still rewarded with endless affection and loyalty.’’
- “Pets can’t answer back with sarcastic comments or moan about the state of the house so it’s easy to have a blissful relationship with a pet, which can’t always been said of human relationships.”
Hear that, fellas? Fido doesn’t “moan about the state of the house,” and you do, so you lose.
But we're curious about this, now, so we're conducting our own poll. So how about it, ladies? Who wins your heart in your house?