“New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie plans to sign a bill that would allow access to birth records for people adopted in the state,” AP reports. “Birth parents of children adopted before Aug. 1, 2015 would have until the end of 2016 to request their names be removed from the birth certificates.” Parents of children adopted after that date won’t have the option of redacting their names.
- News: WATCH: Christie, Constituent Argue About Springsteen
- News: Christie Takes Stand Against Discrimination
- News: Christie Wants Summit on Atlantic City’s Future
- News: Jersey Says Businesses Can’t Ask Applicants About Criminal History
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Want to Ban Pet Tattoos
- News: Paid Sick Leave Spreads in Jersey
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.