Did Shake Shack Give Ryne Sandberg Food Poisoning?

The Phillies manager thinks so.

“Philadelphia Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg and New York Mets first baseman Lucas Duda both came down with food poisoning over the weekend at Citi Field, and both said Tuesday that they believe a hamburger from Shake Shack was the cause,” ESPN reports.

That would be the Shake Shack in New York, for the record. The restaurant jumped into damage control.


"We've served thousands of guests at our Citi Field Shack over the past week, and this is the first we've heard of any issue whatsoever," said Greg Waters, senior manager for marketing and communications with Shake Shack. "We take every guest concern of any sort seriously, and as such reached out to Ryne Sandberg to get more information since we have not heard from him. We stand by our food quality 100 percent."

 

 

 

 

Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.