6ABC says two people with local ties died in the Virginia hot air balloon that caught fire over the weekend. Ginny Doyle was a graduate of Archbishop Ryan High School; Daniel T. Kirk, the pilot, was from Kent County Delaware. Doyle was the associate head coach of the Richmond Spiders women’s basketball team.
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Support Increased Safety for Rail Cars Carrying Oil
- News: Ferguson and America’s Never-Healing Race Wound
- News: Did Philly’s Former Police Commissioner Develop Ferguson’s Crackdown Techniques?
- News: 3 Great Moments in PC Hysteria
- News: Giant Snake Terrifies Cape May
- News: Officials Investigate “Suspicious Package” in Center City
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.