We told you in October that jogger John Bell had been ticketed $100 after he went on a run through Valley Forge when it was technically closed due to last fall’s government shutdown. Well, Bell fought the law … and the law won. During a non-jury trial this morning, Bell was convicted of “parking in a closed area” and ordered to pay the $100 fine. (Philly.com)
- News: Where Is the Outrage Over James Foley’s Killing?
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Support Increased Safety for Rail Cars Carrying Oil
- News: Ferguson and America’s Never-Healing Race Wound
- News: Did Philly’s Former Police Commissioner Develop Ferguson’s Crackdown Techniques?
- News: 3 Great Moments in PC Hysteria
- News: Giant Snake Terrifies Cape May
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.