CSN Philly is reporting former goalie Ron Hextall is the new Flyers GM, while Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is becoming the team president. Hextall was the team’s goalie during much of the 1980s and 1990s; Holmgren had held the GM slot since 2006. Chairman Ed Snider said that Holmgren will be “working on the business side more” as well as “giving us depth” in personnel decisions.
- News: Phantoms Unveil Terrifying New Mascot
- News: Flyers’ Timonen Has Blood Clots in Both Lungs, Leg
- News: Three to Join Flyers Hall of Fame
- News: Flyers Goalie Keeps Posting Shirtless Selfies With His Dog
- Property: Gallery: Claude Giroux’s New Rittenhouse Digs. We Think.
- News: Stanley Cup in Sea Isle City Today
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.