CSN Philly is reporting former goalie Ron Hextall is the new Flyers GM, while Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is becoming the team president. Hextall was the team’s goalie during much of the 1980s and 1990s; Holmgren had held the GM slot since 2006. Chairman Ed Snider said that Holmgren will be “working on the business side more” as well as “giving us depth” in personnel decisions.
- News: The Flyers Are Worried They Could Get the Mumps
- News: Flyers Lose on Heartbreaking Last-Second Goal
- News: Forbes: Flyers 7th-Most Valuable Team in NHL
- News: Former Flyers Coach Pat Quinn Dies at 71
- News: A Miserable Night for Philly Sports
- News: Porn Star: Flyers Defenseman Is “Most Annoying Texter”
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.