CSN Philly is reporting former goalie Ron Hextall is the new Flyers GM, while Flyers GM Paul Holmgren is becoming the team president. Hextall was the team’s goalie during much of the 1980s and 1990s; Holmgren had held the GM slot since 2006. Chairman Ed Snider said that Holmgren will be “working on the business side more” as well as “giving us depth” in personnel decisions.
- News: NHL Hiring Guy on Flyers Payroll
- Ticket: DO THIS: Flyers Pep Rally Tomorrow at Dilworth Park
- News: Flyers 2014-15 Season Preview
- News: Olbermann Calls Flyers “As Sexist As Sports Can Get”
- News: Flyers Cave, Bring Back Ice Girls After Fans Boo
- News: Flyers Fans Booed the Ice Guys Against Last Night
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.