Count Rupert Murdoch — the media mogul whose holdings include Fox News — among those who don’t think Chris Christie can become president in 2016. The Guardian reports that Murdoch spent Saturday being squired about at the Kentucky Derby by Christie rival Rand Paul; Murdoch then offered interviews saying Bridgegate is too big a hurdle for Christie to overcome. “He’ll be a very strong, fighting candidate in the primaries, but there will be more and more stuff coming out, I think,” Murdoch said. “Not him but, you know, on his aides. There will be more stories.”
- News: Christie to Decide on Smoking Ban for Jersey Beaches
- News: Jersey Bearing Brunt of Immigrant Child Influx
- News: Rick Santorum Probably Running for President Again
- News: Chris Christie Isn’t Campaigning for All GOP Candidates
- News: In Iowa, Chris Christie Denies Presidential Run
- News: N.J. Takes Out ‘Bridge Loan’ to Cover Expenses, Again
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.