The Daily News reports: “In November, Marissa Sargeant publicly accused Tullytown Borough police of “brutally” assaulting her son, Joey Williams, 14, after he was arrested on shoplifting charges at the Walmart on Route 13. She posted photos of his swollen face on Facebook. They went viral, with supporters comparing it to the Rodney King beating. Now, three months after the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office cleared the officers of wrongdoing, Sargeant is in prison on felony charges that she shoplifted from the same Walmart, police said.” Sergeant has been unable to post bail.
- News: The Outrage Meter: Gay Bashing, Papelbon, Wawa
- News: Pa. Trooper Shooting Suspect Added to Most Wanted List
- News: State Trooper’s Funeral Held; Cops Hunt for Suspect
- News: Murder Defendant Wears ‘Crime Pays’ Shirt to Court
- G Philly: Brian Sims: I Will Bring the Victims to Harrisburg to Change the Law
- G Philly: Gay Bashing Witness: No Self-Defense
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.