The Daily News reports: “In November, Marissa Sargeant publicly accused Tullytown Borough police of “brutally” assaulting her son, Joey Williams, 14, after he was arrested on shoplifting charges at the Walmart on Route 13. She posted photos of his swollen face on Facebook. They went viral, with supporters comparing it to the Rodney King beating. Now, three months after the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office cleared the officers of wrongdoing, Sargeant is in prison on felony charges that she shoplifted from the same Walmart, police said.” Sergeant has been unable to post bail.
- News: Ironworkers Union Members Face New Charges
- News: UPDATE: Philly Cops Charged With Robbing, Extorting Drug Dealers
- News: VIDEO: Woman Hit, Robbed While Departing Trolley
- News: Carjacker Suspect’s Mother Turns Down Arrest Reward
- News: 77-Year-Old Man Robbed In Center City
- News: 2 Suspects in Carjacking, Fatal Crash Denied Bail
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.