The Inquirer reports that Philly D.A. Seth Williams is running for a seat on the Penn State Board of Trustees. “Elected last fall to his second four-year term as D.A., Williams acknowledged his Philadelphia job is time-consuming. But he is undeterred by the time and travel he would have to put in as an unpaid trustee of the State College-based school. The board holds two days of meetings at least a half-dozen times a year, and there are additional sessions, such as last week’s meeting to hire a new president. ‘They say if you want something to get done, give it to a busy person,’ Williams said.” There are three open seats on the 32-member board.
- News: Rutgers Fans Wear “Ped State” Shirts
- News: Paterno Lawsuit Against NCAA Moves Forward
- Foobooz: Penn State Chipotle Workers Strike, Citing “Sweatshop Conditions”
- News: Penn State Students Rally for JoePa Statue
- News: NCAA Restores PSU Scholarships, Bowl Eligibility
- News: Can Civility Return at Penn State?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.