As expected, Bill Green’s first meeting was a grand display of all the pugnacious activism that Philly can muster, with protesters chanting “Save Our Schools!” and hollering as Supt. William Hite tried to lay out his agenda for the coming year. “I want to save our schools that’s why I’m here. I agree completely. We may not agree on the means but we certainly agree on the end,” Green said. Green and Hite have said they may impose new work rules on the teachers union to begin repairs to the district. (CBS Philly)
- News: Complaint: SRC Violated Pennsylvania Sunshine Act
- News: WATCH: SRC Member Tells Kids They’re ‘In Failing Schools’
- News: Bill Green, SRC Being Sued Over Teacher Contracts
- News: Council Calling SRC, Teachers Back to Bargaining Table
- News: Green to Gym: Honest Dialogue Requires All Facts
- News: SRC’s Contract Move Isn’t About Shared Sacrifice — It’s Looting
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.