The Star-Ledger reports that N.J. Gov. Chris Christie on Thursday rejected town hall advice that he give up his love for Bruce Springsteen. “I don’t think I ever been under the illusion as a Bruce fan, of his music, that that meant that he and I were necessarily simpatico on a number of other issues,” Christie said. “I still live in hope that someday, even as he gets older and older, he’s going to wake up and go, ‘Yeah, maybe he’s a good guy. He’s alright, you know. We can be friends.’”
- News: POLL: N.J. Voters Approve of Christie’s Ebola Quarantine
- News: How Tuesday Helped Chris Christie’s Presidential Ambitions
- News: Family Hires Pathologist to Investigate Deaths of Cooper CEO, His Wife
- News: WATCH: SNL Lampoons Chris Christie
- News: Christie Was Right to Quarantine Hickox, Wrong to Back Down
- News: Christie, Protester Discuss Fallout From Latest ‘Shut Up’ Incident
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.