The Star-Ledger reports that N.J. Gov. Chris Christie on Thursday rejected town hall advice that he give up his love for Bruce Springsteen. “I don’t think I ever been under the illusion as a Bruce fan, of his music, that that meant that he and I were necessarily simpatico on a number of other issues,” Christie said. “I still live in hope that someday, even as he gets older and older, he’s going to wake up and go, ‘Yeah, maybe he’s a good guy. He’s alright, you know. We can be friends.’”
- News: Firm That Cleared Christie Made Curious Donation
- News: Once-Key Christie Allies Backing Bush?
- News: Nearly 3,000 Gay Marriages in Jersey, So Far
- News: Chris Christie Aides Head to New Hampshire
- News: Poll: Jersey Voters Skeptical of Christie Vindication
- News: Our Five Favorite Parts of the Chris Christie New Yorker Profile