The State Senate has confirmed at-large Councilman Bill Green as new School Reform Commission chair by a vote of 44-2. Philly’s Vincent Hughes and Chesco/Montco’s Andrew Dinniman dissented. Farah Jimenez, who leads a West Philly non-profit that addresses homelessness, was also confirmed as a new member of the five-person board.
- News: PGW’s Union Employees Oppose Sale
- News: Can Philly Afford its Fight Against Gentrification?
- News: Council Takes on Marijuana, E-Cigarettes Next Week
- News: L&I Doesn’t Know How Many Buildings Have Collapsed in Philly
- News: Philly School District Needs a New Hashtag
- News: Connecticut Firm Reportedly Wins PGW Sale