The State Senate has confirmed at-large Councilman Bill Green as new School Reform Commission chair by a vote of 44-2. Philly’s Vincent Hughes and Chesco/Montco’s Andrew Dinniman dissented. Farah Jimenez, who leads a West Philly non-profit that addresses homelessness, was also confirmed as a new member of the five-person board.
- News: SRC’s Contract Move Isn’t About Shared Sacrifice — It’s Looting
- Articles: Helen Gym and Bill Green Try to Find Common Ground (or Not) on Education in Philadelphia
- News: Students: School Reform Commission Member Told Us ‘You Belong in Jail’
- News: Activists: Immigration Enforcement Shifting to Philly Suburbs
- News: Schools, Elections, and Philly’s Utterly Failed Democracy
- News: 6 Ways NBC Butchered Philly Geography for Sunday Night Football
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.