The State Senate has confirmed at-large Councilman Bill Green as new School Reform Commission chair by a vote of 44-2. Philly’s Vincent Hughes and Chesco/Montco’s Andrew Dinniman dissented. Farah Jimenez, who leads a West Philly non-profit that addresses homelessness, was also confirmed as a new member of the five-person board.
- News: City Pays $1.4 Million for Gun Permit Info Dump
- News: 264 Arrests for Pot in Month Since City Council Decriminalized It
- News: Philly, You’re No Houston
- News: Council Study of PGW Sale to Cost Nearly $100K More
- News: Politico: Is Michael Nutter Too Honest?
- News: A Hollow Victory for Philly Schools
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.