NewsWorks reports: “Western Pennsylvania-based Rice Energy has been truly unconventional when it comes to naming its natural gas wells. The company has appropriated monikers of superheros, including Batman and Robin, the Hulk, X-man, Zorro– even Captain Planet, an early 90′s cartoon promoting environmentalism.” Drilling sites are usually named after landowners; NewsWorks says Rice Energy would not comment.
- News: Reward In Shane Montgomery’s Disappearance Rises to $25,000
- News: Body Pulled from SUV That Plunged Into Schuylkill
- News: Teen Praised for Pulling Officer From Car
- News: On Dunham Controversy, Truth Revolt Has a Point
- News: Cooper Health CEO, Wife Found Dead After Fire
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.