NewsWorks reports: “Western Pennsylvania-based Rice Energy has been truly unconventional when it comes to naming its natural gas wells. The company has appropriated monikers of superheros, including Batman and Robin, the Hulk, X-man, Zorro– even Captain Planet, an early 90′s cartoon promoting environmentalism.” Drilling sites are usually named after landowners; NewsWorks says Rice Energy would not comment.
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
- News: Ursinus College President Is Dead
- News: Juniata College’s Ancient Book is (Sadly) Not Made of Human Skin
- News: Bucks County School Mourns Students Killed in Crash
- News: Woman Killed After Hit by Three Vehicles
- News: Where Is the Outrage Over James Foley’s Killing?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.