Governor Corbett isn’t going to hop on the pot legalization bandwagon. “Contrary to what some members of the [state] Senate view as ‘recreational’ marijuana, I don’t believe it is recreational,” Corbett said Tuesday.”Marijuana is a huge gateway drug to the drug problems we have in this country. … It leads to the abuse of many other drugs, including cocaine and heroin.” That’s almost certainly not true — except, possibly, in that marijuana use can be associated with abuse of … legal prescription drugs. But that’s an irony that nobody will contemplate too closely. [Inquirer]
- News: What Happened to 93,000 Pennsylvania Workers?
- News: Corbett’s Campaign Photoshopped Him Next to a Black Woman
- News: Joe Biden’s Son Discharged From Navy For Cocaine Use
- News: Corbett’s Inability to Understand Pa.’s Economy in 4 Charts
- News: Forget Pennsylvania. Can Tom Corbett Win Republicans?
- News: Corbett Says Natural Gas Tax May Be in Future
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.