Governor Corbett isn’t going to hop on the pot legalization bandwagon. “Contrary to what some members of the [state] Senate view as ‘recreational’ marijuana, I don’t believe it is recreational,” Corbett said Tuesday.”Marijuana is a huge gateway drug to the drug problems we have in this country. … It leads to the abuse of many other drugs, including cocaine and heroin.” That’s almost certainly not true — except, possibly, in that marijuana use can be associated with abuse of … legal prescription drugs. But that’s an irony that nobody will contemplate too closely. [Inquirer]
- News: Texts Released in Main Line Drug Bust
- News: PHOTOS: Mugshots of the Main Line Drug Ring Suspects
- News: Rendell: Don’t Count Corbett Out Yet
- News: Want to Be Governor, Allyson Schwartz?
- News: Tom Corbett Wants No Blame for Kathleen Kane’s Abandoned Sting
- News: Corbett Primary Challenger to Stay on Ballot