Philly.com reports that two men reputed to be Philadelphia mobssters have been found not guilty by a federal jury today. “A federal jury has acquitted reputed mob consigliere George Borgesi of RICO conspiracy. In a partial verdict delivered Friday morning, the panel also cleared alleged mob boss Joseph Ligambi on one count of witness tampering. Jurors reported they remained deadlocked on three other counts against the alleged mob don.” If the jury deadlocks, it will be the second time Ligambi has escaped econviction on the charges. [Philly.com]
- News: Pa. State Senator to Plead Guilty to Felony Charge
- News: Convicted Rapist Asks Us to Ask Patti LaBelle for Money
- News: Man Accused of Montco Murder Found In N.C.
- News: Philly Man Shoots Fiance’s Dad With Rifle Multiple Times
- News: Another Violent Incident at Northeast Philly Pathmark
- News: Pocono Schools Closed After Reported Eric Frein Sighting
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.