Philly.com reports that two men reputed to be Philadelphia mobssters have been found not guilty by a federal jury today. “A federal jury has acquitted reputed mob consigliere George Borgesi of RICO conspiracy. In a partial verdict delivered Friday morning, the panel also cleared alleged mob boss Joseph Ligambi on one count of witness tampering. Jurors reported they remained deadlocked on three other counts against the alleged mob don.” If the jury deadlocks, it will be the second time Ligambi has escaped econviction on the charges. [Philly.com]
- News: Mugshot of Man Wanted in the Killing, Dumping of Two Men in the Schuylkill
- News: Jersey May Mandate Cell Phone “Kill Switch”
- News: Police Say They’re Closing in on Trooper Shooter
- News: Lobbyist Accused of Sexual Assault
- News: The Outrage Meter: Gay Bashing, Papelbon, Wawa
- News: Pa. Trooper Shooting Suspect Added to Most Wanted List
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.