Philly.com reports that two men reputed to be Philadelphia mobssters have been found not guilty by a federal jury today. “A federal jury has acquitted reputed mob consigliere George Borgesi of RICO conspiracy. In a partial verdict delivered Friday morning, the panel also cleared alleged mob boss Joseph Ligambi on one count of witness tampering. Jurors reported they remained deadlocked on three other counts against the alleged mob don.” If the jury deadlocks, it will be the second time Ligambi has escaped econviction on the charges. [Philly.com]
- News: Philadelphia 7-Eleven Robbed With AK-47 Style Rifle
- G Philly: Preliminary Hearing Set for Gay-Bashing Suspects
- News: WATCH: Don Tollefson Talks About Guilty Plea
- News: America’s Worst City for Bike Thefts
- News: (UPDATE) Tollefson Expected to Plead Guilty
- News: 59 Narcotics Cases Dropped in Police Corruption Case
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.