The Inky reports on Councilman Jim Kenney’s proposal to decriminalize marijuana. “He said he was not advocating full legalization, but was taking his cue from District Attorney Seth Williams’ 2010 decision to handle possession cases involving amounts up to 30 grams – just over an ounce – as summary offenses. Rather, his bill would allow officers to issue a summons, similar to a traffic ticket, requiring people caught with a small amount of marijuana to appear in the special program.Kenney said the change would free up 17,000 police hours spent processing people arrested for pot possession.” Kenney, incidentally, might run for mayor in 2015.
- News: Texts Released in Main Line Drug Bust
- News: PHOTOS: Mugshots of the Main Line Drug Ring Suspects
- News: Chris Christie Is Really Against Legalized Pot
- News: Philly 4/20 Protest Features No Pot Smoking
- News: Philadelphia Courts Ask for Wifi Service
- News: PA Among A Dozen States Trying for Sriracha Plant