6ABC reports: “A number of streets are closed in Center City after a possible transformer explosion.The incident occurred near the intersection of 18th and Spruce around 12:00 p.m. Friday. Philadelphia police say 17th to 19th and Spruce to Walnut are closed and people are told to avoid the area.”
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
- News: Ursinus College President Is Dead
- News: Juniata College’s Ancient Book is (Sadly) Not Made of Human Skin
- News: Bucks County School Mourns Students Killed in Crash
- News: Woman Killed After Hit by Three Vehicles
- News: Where Is the Outrage Over James Foley’s Killing?
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.