6ABC reports: “A number of streets are closed in Center City after a possible transformer explosion.The incident occurred near the intersection of 18th and Spruce around 12:00 p.m. Friday. Philadelphia police say 17th to 19th and Spruce to Walnut are closed and people are told to avoid the area.”
- News: It Happened: A Good Guy With a Gun Stopped a Bad Guy With a Gun
- News: PHOTOS: Gaza Protests at Love Park
- News: Accident Snarls Ben Franklin Bridge, Center City Traffic
- News: 10 Stupid Internet News Stories I Keep Reading
- News: Bucks Co. Coroner Explains Why Corpse Fell Out of Truck
- News: Accused Philly Rep Misses Court Date
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.