AP reports: “A federal judge has issued a preliminary injunction that allows a central Pennsylvania seventh-grader to be a member of the all-boys wrestling team at her middle school. In a ruling issued Monday, U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann said the Line Mountain School District failed to justify its reasons for preventing girls from wrestling with boys.” Which is too bad, really, because we thought the school district’s reasons for keeping the girl off the team were pretty funny. [AP]
- News: Reward In Shane Montgomery’s Disappearance Rises to $25,000
- News: Body Pulled from SUV That Plunged Into Schuylkill
- News: Teen Praised for Pulling Officer From Car
- News: On Dunham Controversy, Truth Revolt Has a Point
- News: Cooper Health CEO, Wife Found Dead After Fire
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.