The Daily News’ Molly Eichel has confirmation that a new Hot Wheels movie—yes, based on the toy cars—will be filmed in Philadelphia. “Although many details have yet to be hammered out, the plot apparently centers around a down-on-his-luck Illinois State Trooper who must fight a man from his past after a military device falls into the wrong hands. Plus cars. Lots of cars.”
- Ticket: New In Theaters
- Ticket: It’s Always Sunny‘s Rob McElhenney to Make Directorial Debut
- Ticket: New Films Opening to Philly This Weekend
- Ticket: 5 Questions With Whiplash Director Damien Chazelle
- Ticket: Meryl Streep to Play Famously Bad Opera Diva Who Lived in Philly
- News: Airbender Movie Given Pa. Tax Credits for California Work
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.