NBC 10 reports that three Philadelphians have died of the flu. “Philadelphia Health Department spokesman Jeff Moran says the department had just been notified of the deaths, but could not yet say when they succumbed to the virus. He also did not immediately have information on their identity, age, what part of the city they lived and whether they had other health conditions.” Sixty-six cases of flu have been identified in Philadelphia this season; as many as 3,800 cases have been diagnosed statewide.
- Be Well Philly: The Checkup: 9 Scientific Reasons to Embrace the Long Weekend
- Be Well Philly: Study: How Fruits and Veggies Boost Your Creativity
- News: Paid Sick Leave Spreads in Jersey
- Be Well Philly: Study: Exercise Can Actually Change How You See the World
- G Philly: HIV-Positive Smokers at Greater Risk for Disease
- Be Well Philly: The Ingenious Way to Reinvent Your PB&J Sandwich
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.