Mainline Media News reports: “An employee at the new Giant store in Haverford Township had a rude suprise Saturday when he was stung by a scorpion hiding in a shipment of bananas he was unpacking. Haverford police and EMS responded and transported the man to the hospital. They also had to catch and transport the scorpion so doctors could identify the species.” Officials with Giant said they are “thoroughly investigating” the matter with their banana suppliers.
- News: Cooper Health CEO, Wife Found Dead After Fire
- News: WATCH: Implosion of Germantown High-Rise
- News: Ursinus College President Is Dead
- News: Juniata College’s Ancient Book is (Sadly) Not Made of Human Skin
- News: Bucks County School Mourns Students Killed in Crash
- News: Woman Killed After Hit by Three Vehicles
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.