Mainline Media News reports: “An employee at the new Giant store in Haverford Township had a rude suprise Saturday when he was stung by a scorpion hiding in a shipment of bananas he was unpacking. Haverford police and EMS responded and transported the man to the hospital. They also had to catch and transport the scorpion so doctors could identify the species.” Officials with Giant said they are “thoroughly investigating” the matter with their banana suppliers.
- News: Woman Killed After Hit by Three Vehicles
- News: Where Is the Outrage Over James Foley’s Killing?
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Support Increased Safety for Rail Cars Carrying Oil
- News: Ferguson and America’s Never-Healing Race Wound
- News: Did Philly’s Former Police Commissioner Develop Ferguson’s Crackdown Techniques?
- News: 3 Great Moments in PC Hysteria
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.